'404 not found' Error after Migrating, The feed adress is redirected Strangely

ganes

Aug 16, 2008, 3:34:58 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
After receiving email from google team telling that my feed migration
process was already complete, I tried to access each of my feeds one
by one and found a strange error on feed for www.scholarzip.com

the old feedburner address is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/scholarzipdotcom

Now it should be: http://feedproxy.google.com/scholarzipdotcom, but
strangely each time I try to access this address I get an error result
and the address is changed to http://scholar.google.com/scholarzipdotcom

obviously this give me the '404 not found' error message.

anybody here can help me with this? please dont suggest me to change
the feed address from 'scholarzipdotcom' to anything else.

Alexander

Aug 16, 2008, 5:54:14 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I suggest to reply to the Google email and mention the problem. It
will certainly be fixed faster than waiting for someone at Google to
read this message.

On Aug 16, 10:34 pm, ganes wrote:
> After receiving email from google team telling that my feed migration
> process was already complete, I tried to access each of my feeds one
> by one and found a strange error on feed forwww.scholarzip.com
>
> the old feedburner address is:http://feeds.feedburner.com/scholarzipdotcom
>
> Now it should be:http://feedproxy.google.com/scholarzipdotcom, but
> strangely each time I try to access this address I get an error result
> and the address is changed tohttp://scholar.google.com/scholarzipdotcom

Douglas Welch

Aug 16, 2008, 6:44:05 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I am seeing an outage after migrating, too., My 404 errors are now
starting to give the traditional Feedburner "Krash" error so I am
guessing they are working on it.

Probably should have waited before I migrated, but too late to change
that now. (SMILE)

I have replied to the initial migration email, but have not yet heard
back. Possible they are swamped with a lot of this going on.

On Aug 16, 12:34 pm, ganes wrote:
> After receiving email from google team telling that my feed migration
> process was already complete, I tried to access each of my feeds one
> by one and found a strange error on feed forwww.scholarzip.com
>
> the old feedburner address is:http://feeds.feedburner.com/scholarzipdotcom
>
> Now it should be:http://feedproxy.google.com/scholarzipdotcom, but
> strangely each time I try to access this address I get an error result
> and the address is changed tohttp://scholar.google.com/scholarzipdotcom

ganes

Aug 16, 2008, 6:48:16 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Me too, I replied the initial migration email and told them this
problem but not yet heard from them.

I hope it won't take long to wait them fix this :(

togo

Aug 16, 2008, 8:56:32 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
same with us.
have tried everything.. read the old feeduburner boards, replaced the
atom with the rdf feed. It gives 404 on the supposed new google
feedproxy url, on the typepad url, and on the domain mapped url that
we have carfully build quite a large number of subscribers. while
google specifically said they don't support Mybrand and this issue. i
assume that assumes it's working.

Please put us back on Feedburner if this is an issue that i going to
take days.

thanks very much. Any insight, advice, solution very much appreciated.
MG
http://feeds.towleroad.com/towleroad/feed
http://towleroad.typepad.com/index.rdf
http://feedproxy.towleroad.com/towleroad/feed

and the former one that also worked:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/towleroad/feed

again, thanks for help soonest, i'm stumped and have spent a ton of
time on this i don't have.

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Aug 16, 2008, 11:23:18 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I will forward this thread to the FeedBurner Team and mark it as
urgent. Please stay tuned.

Douglas Welch

Aug 17, 2008, 12:52:39 AM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Thank you, Franklin.

Douglas

Douglas Welch

Aug 17, 2008, 2:00:48 AM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Is anyone else who is experiencing this problem using GoDaddy as thier
hosting provider?

AlexanderPlank

Aug 17, 2008, 10:07:56 AM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I am getting the 404 and I have godaddy but I doubt that has anything
to do with the problem since the DNS still resolves correctly. The
feed was initially working this morning but it's got a 404 now! Google
needs to fix this ASAP.

-Alex

Matt S.

Aug 17, 2008, 11:54:25 AM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
If you're encountering trouble with your migration (as several of you
have reported above), please reply directly to the email communication
you received from Google that confirmed the initial migration
process's completion. The best way to solve these issues is 1:1 via
email and you will get a response.

Douglas Welch

Aug 17, 2008, 1:29:29 PM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Actually, it could be GoDaddy in one regard, if they are blocking the
Goggle bot that retrieves the source RSS feed from your site.

I have had some odd issues with Feedburner and GoDaddy over the years,
but this larger change -- the bot is now coming from a new domain --
might indicate an issue. It appears the 404 error occurs because the
source feed could not be read and the 502 error is actually the error
the Google Bot is getting when trying to retrieve the source RSS feed.
Guessing here, though.

Please follow the recommendation below to contact Adsense/Google
support. I have been corresponding with them since last night and they
are working hard to resolve the issue.

Douglas

ganes

Aug 17, 2008, 3:28:26 PM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
i dont think it is the hosting problem because I have several feeds
from the same hosting. the google team has replied my email and said
they are working on it. I'll wait for them.

Douglas Welch

Aug 17, 2008, 10:41:01 PM8/17/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Feeds restored as of this afternoon.

AlexanderPlank

Aug 18, 2008, 8:08:30 AM8/18/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
my feeds are still not restored~!

ganes

Aug 21, 2008, 11:53:21 AM8/21/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
mine neither, it's been almost a week :(

The Digerati Life

Aug 23, 2008, 1:33:37 PM8/23/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I got a reply from Google saying that they've migrated my feedburner
account to Google account.
But when I sign on to

http://feedburner.google.com

I simply get an "Invalid request." message. I really am not sure how
to proceed at this point!

My feed is originally http://feeds.feedburner.com/curlytree but when I
use the proxy account (http://feedproxy.google.com/curlytree), I get
this:

Feed Address: http://feedproxy.google.com/curlytree

HTTP Error (Code) and Message: (404) Feed not found error: FeedBurner
cannot locate this feed URI.

So is my feed really migrated?

Thank you!
SVB

You will no longer be able to sign in to feedburner.com, but that's
okay:
from now on, there is no reason to do so. Also, your old FeedBurner
feeds,
found at feeds.feedburner.com, will automatically redirect to their
new
addresses on the feedproxy.google.com domain. You may still want to
update
any links or buttons on your website to use the new
feedproxy.google.com
address.

But then, when I sign onto feedburner

bulgaria_mitko

Aug 25, 2008, 6:50:19 AM8/25/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
ok i have the same problem it is giving me the 404 error and i have
reply to googl migration email but have no answer yet! if someone can
hurry this process it will be great as right now none of the feeds are
working, the old one and the new one. my new feed is
http://feedproxy.google.com/MusicIsPower

Please help me as im losing my subscribers when the feed is not
working!!!!

Douglas Welch

Aug 28, 2008, 12:35:29 PM8/28/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Yesterday I noticed that when I updated my feed that the feed at
http://feeds.feedburner.com/career/ and the one at http://feedproxy.google.com/career/
are no longer the same. The original URl fails to pick up the podcast
for the enclosure while the new one does. Unfortunately, the old feed
is the one that EVERYONE is subscribed to. After migration there was
supposed to be a re-direct to the new "proxy" address, but that does
appear to be happening.

Sent another 2 emails to the support group and waiting on some answer
from them.

Douglas

Mushin

Sep 15, 2008, 6:05:45 AM9/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Hi guys, I've the same problem: old feed still working (http://
feeds.feedburner.com/Mushin), and I cannot access to new feedburner
with both my google account simone.tornabene and mushin.webster (404:
Invalid Request).

Nobody is still answering me.
It's something very unhappy (and illegal as violation of Terms of
Service).

On Aug 28, 6:35 pm, Douglas Welch wrote:
> Yesterday I noticed that when I updated my feed that the feed athttp://feeds.feedburner.com/career/and the one athttp://feedproxy.google.com/career/

Magnus Mårtensson

Oct 16, 2008, 5:11:08 PM10/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
This is a month old issue and now I have the same problem!

Just emailed Google about it.

M.

On Sep 15, 12:05 pm, Mushin wrote:
> Hi guys, I've the same problem: old feed still working (http://
> feeds.feedburner.com/Mushin), and I cannot access to new feedburner
> with both mygoogleaccount simone.tornabene and mushin.webster (404:
> Invalid Request).
>
> Nobody is still answering me.
> It's something very unhappy (and illegal as violation of Terms of
> Service).
>
> On Aug 28, 6:35 pm, Douglas Welch wrote:
>
> > Yesterday I noticed that when I updated my feed that the feed athttp://feeds.feedburner.com/career/andthe one athttp://feedproxy.google.com/career/
> > are no longer the same. The original URl fails to pick up the podcast
> > for the enclosure while the new one does. Unfortunately, the old feed
> > is the one that EVERYONE is subscribed to. After migration there was
> > supposed to be a re-direct to the new "proxy" address, but that does
> > appear to be happening.
>
> > Sent another 2 emails to the support group  and waiting on some answer
> > from them.
>
> > Douglas
>
> > On Aug 17, 7:41 pm, Douglas Welch wrote:
>
> > > Feeds restored as of this afternoon.

southernplate

Nov 13, 2008, 8:44:06 PM11/13/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
Hey! I hope someone else in this world is having success in any facet
of getting help from Google with this (or any problem). Just wanted
you all to know you're not alone!
~sits back and listens to crickets with you~

melissa.danielle

Jan 10, 2009, 7:17:37 AM1/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
If you are using Wordpress, make sure that the Original Feed is
configured properly, and then check to see that you are allowing
access to your blog. Your blog visibility's privacy setting should be
set to "I would like my blog to be visible to everyone...", then wait
about 15 mins and refresh or resync.

That is what worked for me. Hopefully, it can work for you too.

On Nov 13 2008, 8:44 pm, southernplate wrote:
> Hey! I hope someone else in this world is having success in any facet
> ofgettinghelp from Google with this (or any problem). Just wanted

ChrisGHill

Jan 23, 2009, 9:57:21 AM1/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Feeds and Syndication
I keep getting a 502 error or a timeout error on my feed at
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/ConstructionLawMusings-RichmondVa the
feed is loading the xml, just not all of the features that were set
up. I saw a known issue from feedburner back in November that hasn't
been resolved. Maybe this is related?