LOST SUBCRIBERS

1 view

noreliacob

Apr 3, 2009, 7:35:45 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Lost a lot from my subscribers in a single day. Why?

Original feed: http://noreliacob.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
Feedburner Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/blogspot/llUU

beadinggem

Apr 3, 2009, 8:16:53 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
It's been happening a lot. I've been periodically losing Google
Feedfetcher stats. Last week, all my email subscribers disappeared and
the post was emailed very late. And today, nearly all my Google
Feedfetcher subscribers are gone again.

I thought they were back on track earlier this week when everything
seemed to be fine but it didn't last long. I have decided to pull the
feed count chiclet from my site as it is pointless.

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/beadinggem
http://www.beadinggem.com

vjack

Apr 3, 2009, 8:22:42 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same problem here. In the span of three days, I've gone from nearly
3,000 to under 1,000.

mnotte

Apr 3, 2009, 9:27:10 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
The issue occured back in mid January when many started to migrate to
Google accounts. Was a mess and last few days then everything went
back to normal.

It is really annoying as it messes with overall stats - and it
frustrating to see 60% of your audience vanishing.

Hope it is same issue...

Regards,

Michaël

OhCaptain

Apr 3, 2009, 9:30:04 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I've lost most of my subscribers as well. This has been an on going
problem over the last couple of weeks. If I search Google Reader for
my blog, it tells me I have 60 subscribers in GReader alone.
Feedburner shows I have 48 total and only 4 from Google Reader...is
this group viewed by Google? I'd love to know what is going on.

Mike Doyle

Apr 3, 2009, 9:42:47 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Me too. Yesterday morning I went from 325 subscribers to about 125.
I'd like to know why the chicklet shows a loss of 2/3 of my readers,
and whether this is a system glitch or those readers are really gone.
I'd also like to know why Google at the moment is completely silent on
the issue. At this point, I'm considering opting out of Feedburner
completely. This happens too often, it's not the first time. And when
it does, it often feels like Google simply doesn't care about it's
Feedburner users.

jonn

Apr 3, 2009, 10:36:52 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Ya, I'm losing a lot of subscribers. What's going on google?

gardenerprogress

Apr 3, 2009, 11:06:18 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
First it was feed problems. Today I look and my subscribers went from
110 to 20 overnight. Are they really gone or is there another
problem?
htttp://feeds2.feedburner.com/AGardenerInProgress

Mungo

Apr 3, 2009, 11:29:42 AM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Me too:
I was at 163 subscribers and then in the last 2 days it has gone down
to 75... unusual. Is this anything to do with me having migrated from
the feedburner to google account?
I hope they answer soon!
Mungo
http://mungobah.blogspot.com

earthmother

Apr 3, 2009, 12:41:47 PM4/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I'm in the same boat as you are. Since April 1, I've lost ALL Google
Feedfetcher subscribers (which accounted for 80% of my total
subscriber base) AND Google Reader no longer updates my feed. This is
a very bad April's Fool Day joke!!

http://earthmother-intheraw.blogspot.com/

Tap Tap Tap

Hellooooooooo?

Anyone out there in Google Feedburner Tech Support Land???

Oh, wait. There is no Google Feedburner Tech Support Land. It's just a
giant black hole to nowhere.