Huge sudden drop in Subscriber count overnight !!

Abhijeet

Aug 15, 2008, 9:42:25 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
My Feedburner subscriber count dropped from 978 to 535 overnight. The
main culprit seems to be the Google Feedfetcher which dropped by 400
subscribers. Definitely a technical glitch. Can the Feedburner team
help ?

My feed url: http://feeds.feedburner.com/jeetblog

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Shilpan9166

Aug 15, 2008, 10:01:43 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have same problem. My Original Feed URL is http://www.successsoul.com/feed.

I had 1218 subscribers on Tuesday. On that day, I turned off Feedsmith
plugin mistakenly. Next day my subscription count went down to 977.
Today, it is showing 650 with feedfetcher count missing(489).

I have turned on Feedsmith plugin. Is this due to the plugin or is
there an issue with feedburner? It's hard to believe that I have lost
50% of the count.

Please help.

Warm regards,
Shilpan

Nezua

Aug 15, 2008, 10:08:57 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Yup me too. Down from roughly 520 to 298. Yay.

Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/theunapologeticmexican

On Aug 15, 7:01 am, Shilpan9166 wrote:
> I have same problem. My Original Feed URL ishttp://www.successsoul.com/feed.

Denise

Aug 15, 2008, 10:15:32 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Mine dropped by 25% since yesterday, too. Frustrating!

SimpleMom

Aug 15, 2008, 10:42:31 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Yep, me too. Mine went from 2705 to 1501 today. Grr. Anyone from
Feedburner on this?

Michael

Aug 15, 2008, 11:05:36 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics

Same problem here, from 212 to 167: http://feeds.feedburner.com/OrangeCrateArt

Thanks for looking at this problem,

Michael

SovSoc

Aug 15, 2008, 11:18:16 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I've also encountered a drop of around 50% to all my subscribers
overnight. Would appreciate any updates as to when this will be
corrected.

RobGlazebrook

Aug 15, 2008, 11:42:32 AM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I also saw a huge drop in subscribers overnight. Yesterday, I had
1,469 subscribers. This morning, Feedburner is saying I have 611.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/cssnewbie/

I'm most annoyed by this because I display my subscriber count on my
website to encourage other readers to subscribe. And obviously, a 60%
drop in readership does not inspire confidence!

sugarlaws

Aug 15, 2008, 1:42:11 PM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same with mine, dropped from 466 to 342 -- SO annoying! I display my
subscriber count on my website too, ugh.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/sugarlaws

Katy

Matthew Cornell

Aug 15, 2008, 1:45:07 PM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same problem here. 1500 -> 750. Nearly wet my pants. ;-)

matt

Peggy

Aug 15, 2008, 2:49:36 PM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Glad to know it's not just me. I have two different feeds, both are
down about 50% today.

My feeds:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/BiologyinScienceFiction
http://feeds.feedburner.com/WomenInScience

Nezua

Aug 15, 2008, 5:55:14 PM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
well its nice to know they are on top of it.

geodude-david

Aug 15, 2008, 8:56:55 PM8/15/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
And Feedburner is silent as usual.
> > My feeds:http://feeds.feedburner.com/BiologyinScienceFictionhttp://feeds.feedb...

Mel

Aug 16, 2008, 8:06:38 AM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Could the drop be attributed to the Olympics? Other news?

I would guess that many people have shifted their web usage because of
the Olympics and other news.

A. Jericho

Aug 16, 2008, 5:54:32 PM8/16/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
No. As far as I can ascertain, the drop is attributed to Feedburner
not counting Google Reader subscribers for the day.

My reader count in Google Reader was 37 that day; Feedburner showed
Google Feedfetcher subscriptions as 4 (indicating that it was probably
counting subscribers via iGoogle, but not via Google Reader).
Sliiiight mismatch. And since Google Reader seems to account for
around half the subscribers to any particular blog these days, that
was probably it.

Here's a (very very) short article from ProBlogger on how to count
your readers through Google Reader directly:

http://www.problogger.net/archives/2007/10/15/google-reader-reveal-subscriber-numbers-to-feeds/

--
http://www.spontaneousderivation.com/