Google Feedproxy adding ?utm_source=.... to my entry URLs screwing them up

NotesSensei

Nov 19, 2009, 8:59:34 PM11/19/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Message has been deleted

rgnews

Nov 21, 2009, 7:20:15 PM11/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Hi,

I had this problem too...

Here is how I fixed it:

1. Go to the problematic feed via the control panel.
2. Click on the "Analyze" tab.
3. Via the "Configure Stats" area, turn off "Track clicks as a traffic
source in Google Analytics".

That fixed my feed uris. :)

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Micky

On Nov 19, 5:59 pm, NotesSensei wrote:
> My feed address is:http://feeds.feedburner.com/Wisselnet
> Looks good works well (at least it seemed). Links to individual
> entries look like:http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Wisselnet/~3/uMWIX-xUeN0/SHWL-7XVMVMhttp://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Wisselnet/~3/5YC4nHDi9qw/SHWL-7XNL6M
>
> which resolves into:http://www.wissel.net/blog/d6plinks/SHWL-7XVMVM?utm_source=feedburner...
>
> or
>
> http://www.wissel.net/blog/d6plinks/SHWL-7XNL6M?utm_source=feedburner...

rgnews

Nov 21, 2009, 7:23:01 PM11/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Ooops, made a mistake... After you click on the "Analyze" tab, you
then have to click on "Configure Stats" link, and then turn off the
"Track clicks ..." setting.

Cheers,

On Nov 21, 4:20 pm, rgnews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had this problem too...
>
> Here is how I fixed it:
>
> 1. Go to the problematic feed via the control panel.
> 2. Click on the "Analyze" tab.
> 3. Via the "Configure Stats" area, turn off "Track clicks as a traffic
> source in Google Analytics".
>
> That fixed my feed uris. :)
>
> Hope that helps,
> Cheers,
> Micky
>
> On Nov 19, 5:59 pm, NotesSensei wrote:
>
> > My feed address is:http://feeds.feedburner.com/Wisselnet
> > Looks good works well (at least it seemed). Links to individual
> > entries look like:http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Wisselnet/~3/uMWIX-xUeN0/SHWL-7XVMVMht...

Dean

Dec 4, 2009, 6:28:38 PM12/4/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I discovered I have the same problem. For me the ?utm_source= only
shows up for the email subscribers resulting in a 404 page.
My "track clicks" has always been off.

Any ideas?