Subscriber numbers jump from 2500 to 100 several times per week

Emil Stenström

Jul 24, 2009, 7:45:15 PM7/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Hi,

My subscriber numbers jump from 2500 to 100 several times per week.
This is really annoying, since I show this number to my visitors, via
the Awareness API. The problem is not in the API though, I get the
same (incorrect) numbers when logging in to my account and reading
them there.

I would appreciate if a FeedBurner developer could have a look at this
issue, and see if this is normal, as I doubt this is a problem that is
specific to my account.

The name of my feed is: FriendlyBit

And I use it on my own domain here: http://feeds.friendlybit.com/FriendlyBit
(Can also be accessed through http://feedproxy.google.com/FriendlyBit)

You can see the numbers from the Awareness API here:
https://feedburner.google.com/api/awareness/1.0/GetFeedData?uri=FriendlyBit

Hope this is enough information to help me troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Emil Stenström

Jul 24, 2009, 7:46:35 PM7/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I meant to write "2500 to ~1000", not 100. If it matters.

mbhunter

Sep 7, 2009, 2:47:43 PM9/7/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I'm having a similar issue. I gain/lose 1000 subs from day to day
(~2000 to ~3000).

Maybe see where the drop comes from day to day? As in something isn't
being reported?

Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo ;)

Chris Hill

Sep 8, 2009, 9:21:11 AM9/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I am having an issue on a smaller scale, 300 or so dropped to 94 since
yesterday.

IndelibleBonobo

Sep 8, 2009, 10:03:49 AM9/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same here. On my small foreign-language personal blog,
AlsoSprachZamolxis.com, my subscribers dropped from 214 yesterday to
145 today.
(feed name Zamolxis, i.e., http://feeds.feedburner.com/Zamolxis )

SmBizGuru

Sep 8, 2009, 11:33:34 AM9/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
It would be nice to see an answer on this issue from someone in the
know. My subscriber list has steadily grown from 50 to 500 over the
last few weeks and over night it's back down at 55 - what's up? It
puzzles me that 445 people decided to unsubscribe to my feed overnight
- and with no controversial post to inspire such a change.

Melody Campbell
Building Your Coaching Business
www.TheSmallBusinessGuru.com
406-278-6140

On Jul 24, 5:45 pm, Emil Stenström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My subscriber numbers jump from 2500 to 100 several times per week.
> This is really annoying, since I show this number to my visitors, via
> the Awareness API. The problem is not in the API though, I get the
> same (incorrect) numbers when logging in to my account and reading
> them there.
>
> I would appreciate if a FeedBurner developer could have a look at this
> issue, and see if this is normal, as I doubt this is a problem that is
> specific to my account.
>
> The name of my feed is: FriendlyBit
>
> And I use it on my own domain here:http://feeds.friendlybit.com/FriendlyBit
> (Can also be accessed throughhttp://feedproxy.google.com/FriendlyBit)
>
> You can see the numbers from the Awareness API here:https://feedburner.google.com/api/awareness/1.0/GetFeedData?uri=Frien...

Keenan

Sep 8, 2009, 12:25:38 PM9/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I am having the same problem today as well. My subs fell from 169 to
80 overnight. I agree with the others, something doesn't seem
right. Does anyone have a suggestion?

On Jul 24, 5:45 pm, Emil Stenström wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My subscriber numbers jump from 2500 to 100 several times per week.
> This is really annoying, since I show this number to my visitors, via
> the Awareness API. The problem is not in the API though, I get the
> same (incorrect) numbers when logging in to my account and reading
> them there.
>
> I would appreciate if a FeedBurner developer could have a look at this
> issue, and see if this is normal, as I doubt this is a problem that is
> specific to my account.
>
> The name of my feed is: FriendlyBit
>
> And I use it on my own domain here:http://feeds.friendlybit.com/FriendlyBit
> (Can also be accessed throughhttp://feedproxy.google.com/FriendlyBit)
>
> You can see the numbers from the Awareness API here:https://feedburner.google.com/api/awareness/1.0/GetFeedData?uri=Frien...

Emil Stenström

Oct 18, 2009, 5:56:45 PM10/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I'm checking back to this thread, 3 months after Feedburner started
swapping my subscribers up and down. I still have the same problem,
with subscribers skipping from 800 to 3000 from day to day. Here's a
screenshoot of my dashboard: http://twitpic.com/m1ul4

What are you doing Google, and how hard can it be to get in contact
with someone that can fix the problem?