None Google FeedFetcher Subscribers Dropped Dramatically

wrd

May 13, 2010, 5:41:32 AM5/13/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
The number of Google Feedfetcher subscribers dropped dramatically
since the last 2 days from 16,000 to 3,900.

My feed URL is: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/webresourcesdepot

Is there a common problem?

Michael Zhang

May 13, 2010, 7:13:38 PM5/13/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I'm having this exact same problem. Our subscriber count dropped from
5,600+ to under 3,000 in the past 2 days.

http://feeds2.feedburner.com/PetaPixel

On May 13, 2:41 am, wrd wrote:
> The number of Google Feedfetcher subscribers dropped dramatically
> since the last 2 days from 16,000 to 3,900.
>
> My feed URL is:http://feeds2.feedburner.com/webresourcesdepot
>
> Is there a common problem?

wrd

May 14, 2010, 1:52:47 AM5/14/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Micheal,

Sorry to hear that you face the same problem. On the other hand, happy
to hear that it happened to another user which verifies that something
is going wrong on the Feedburner side (and will hopefully get fixed).

ProductManagerSteve

May 14, 2010, 11:14:41 AM5/14/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
It's normal for feedcounts to increase and decrease - subscribers are
calculated daily based on who is actually polling the feed that day,
and partners who report us numbers. If someone does not fire up
their feed reader one day, they will not be counted. Likewise, if a
partner that aggregates users and reports them to us has errors or
does not report, subscribers are not counted from that service.

In this case, if Feedfetcher is not reporting all the numbers, we'll
check into it that's a mix of numbers from Reader, iGoogle, and other
sources so there could be valid reasons or a bug that those products
aren't reporting to us correctly.

hikes

May 15, 2010, 10:15:09 AM5/15/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
My Google Feedfetcher subscribers dropped from 484 to 166 overnight.
My feed address is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/mycup2yours

The only thing I did yesterday was add my feed as a sitemap in Google
Webmaster tools. Could that have affected things, or is there a common
problem here, as others seem to be experiencing the same thing?

Thanks for any help!

On May 13, 2:41 am, wrd wrote:
> The number ofGoogle Feedfetchersubscribers dropped dramatically
> since the last 2 days from 16,000 to 3,900.
>
> My feed URL is:http://feeds2.feedburner.com/webresourcesdepot
>
> Is there a common problem?

hikes

May 15, 2010, 11:24:09 AM5/15/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Did you find anything out about your Google Feedfetcher stats
dropping? I am having the same problem. Thanks for any info!
Genny

On May 13, 2:41 am, wrd wrote:
> The number of Google Feedfetcher subscribers dropped dramatically
> since the last 2 days from 16,000 to 3,900.
>
> My feed URL is:http://feeds2.feedburner.com/webresourcesdepot
>
> Is there a common problem?

AH

May 15, 2010, 1:35:54 PM5/15/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics

Google Feedfetcher is not even showing up as a Feed Reader for my blog
in Feedburner
when only a couple of days ago it did. Anyone else notice this? My
subscription numbers have dropped because of it.

sassyminidolls

May 17, 2010, 3:39:45 PM5/17/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
It happended to me today!

On May 15, 10:35 am, AH wrote:
> Google Feedfetcher is not even showing up as a Feed Reader for my blog
> in Feedburner
> when only a couple of days ago it did. Anyone else notice this? My
> subscription numbers have dropped because of it.
>
> --

wrd

May 18, 2010, 6:05:16 PM5/18/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
My stats are fixed after a 2 days problem.

Right now, there is again a count issue which is smaller compared to
the previous one.

To mention, I received an e-mail from Feedburner few days ago, they
mentioned that it is a temporary issue (and the issue was fixed that
day).

I'm pretty sure (and want to believe :)) the problem with everyone
will be fixed too.

Johnson Koh

May 19, 2010, 5:51:43 AM5/19/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I am facing the exact same problem today from Google FeedFetcher.
And it seems like no admin is actually answering to our queries.
Is this space created just for sharing problems with no solutions/
explanations?

mizhelle

May 19, 2010, 9:46:11 AM5/19/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I am having the same issue again today :( It happened to me last April
which greatly affects my traffic :( sigh! now its happening again. I
just wish this will soon be fixed!