Number of visitors drop

SandroSaitta

Jan 21, 2009, 8:36:18 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Hello,

I had 509 subscribers 4 days ago, and now I have only 124.
Did someone already see this problem?
Is there a way to solve it?

Thanks.
Sandro.

Dalton

Jan 21, 2009, 8:56:11 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Happened to me too. It seems like Google FeedFetcher is no longer
reporting results, I have dropped by more than 100 subscribers
overnight.

Voices

Jan 21, 2009, 9:07:26 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have two blogs and two podcasts. All four feeds dropped down to
almost nothing last week when I "migrated" my Feedburner account to
Google. Can't tell you how much panic I felt that morning when I saw
those single digit numbers across all my feeds. Today, five days
later, my subscriber counts are back to 90% of what they were before
the transfer. So give it a few days to come back. Also, you may want
some subscribers may get dropped and ask them to resubscribe to your
feed. That's what I did. Good luck!

rge

Jan 21, 2009, 9:10:25 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have had most but not all of my subscribers restored this morning.
STILL MISSING FIREFOX LIVE subscribers.
> > > Sandro.- Hide quoted text -

Andrew Z.

Jan 21, 2009, 9:24:01 AM1/21/09

On Jan 21, 6:36 am, SandroSaitta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had 509 subscribers 4 days ago, and now I have only 124.
> Did someone already see this problem?
> Is there a way to solve it?

I have the same problem. Also about four days ago, on the 'My Feeds'
page I dropped from a steady ~1000 to about 300-400. Today when I
open up my main feed, the numbers look much better, but the time-graph
doesn't show up (it just spins like it's loading).

Site: http://www.OOoNinja.com

Andrew

Anton Shevchuk

Jan 21, 2009, 9:50:58 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have the same problem.

I think feedburner.google.com don't count the subscribers from
feedburner.com

Nelson Pomeu

Jan 21, 2009, 9:54:21 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same with me guys.

After move the feed service from the old Feedburner to the new Google
Feedburner the number of subscribers dropped 40%. Wich number were
correct, the old one or the new one? Please Google.

Regards,
Nelson Pomeu

cary

Jan 21, 2009, 11:04:31 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Mine went from 1700 to about 300 overnight, about four days ago. It
was actually BEFORE I migrated over to Google. I hope it clears up now
that I've moved. Ouch!

The Digerati Life

Jan 21, 2009, 1:53:48 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Yes, mine went from almost 4000 to 2300! i see this is a common
problem. I checked the loss and it was coming from google readers.
This happened on or around Jan 16 - 17.

lbhweb

Jan 21, 2009, 2:05:08 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
How do you know if your feedburner account transferred correctly? I
transferred from feedburner to Google 4 days ago and it said I had
zero subscribers for the past 4 days. Did I do something wrong or does
it take a few day to start calculating the correct stats?

nwmomfinds

Jan 21, 2009, 2:21:57 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
We are having the same problem. Our subscription numbers dropped 80%
the day after we transferred our feed. They've crept back up, but
we're still missing almost all of our Google Feedfetcher subscribers.

Is this a reporting problem or were these subscribers actually
dropped?

al (at) hop-talk.com

Jan 21, 2009, 4:58:53 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I'm seeing the same thing (90% drop in subscriber number).

The thing is, I didn't migrate my feed recently. I did it weeks ago.

redwall_hp

Jan 21, 2009, 5:17:37 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have the same problem. I went from 420+ subscribers to around 82.
But it happened about a day before I migrated, a couple days ago, and
hasn't improved since.

mnotte

Jan 21, 2009, 6:03:16 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same for me. It happened before migration. I migrated and... it got
worse :-(

What surprises me the most is the absence of 'official' reaction...

I don't really care if this is temporary. But no one has a clue. At
least if they (Google/Feedburner) could react and says: "Yes we know,
we are working on it", it would be a start.

rwalling

Jan 21, 2009, 6:29:01 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Is anyone from Feedburner/Google monitoring this thread? I was
migrated from FB to Google about a month ago, and then about 4 days
ago my subscriber count dropped from over 4000 to around 2600. It's
obvious a lot of us are having the same issue so it's probably
something on Google's end.

FB used to provide support for issues, but if Google is not going to
step up this is going to get ugly really quick. Is this being
investigated at all? I don't see it on the open issues list.

HELLO...IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

Rob

Mike00001

Jan 21, 2009, 7:26:18 PM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I have not migrated my feedburner to google and I have also seen about
130 drop in my feedcount number. I see the drop happening with many
other blogs too. So its probably just a glitch from not counting some
subscribers. I don't think it has anything to do with transferring
feedburner to google.

hipsternascar

Jan 22, 2009, 12:15:52 AM1/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Yep, same here. Dropped about 100 subscribers after I migrated.

Seems like this Google group gets about the same level of attention
from the Feedburner staff as before the migration, i.e.: none.

SandroSaitta

Jan 22, 2009, 3:00:52 AM1/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I think you're right Mike since I have also not migrated my account.
The problem is certainly on the feedburner side...

Steve Song

Jan 22, 2009, 4:34:29 AM1/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Same here. I haven't migrated my account but subscribers dropped by
50%.

Hello Feedburner you out there?!!!??

-Steve

P.S. So what are the best alternatives to Feedburner?

andrea moro

Jan 23, 2009, 4:08:55 PM1/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
I found this, http://forums.feedburner.com/viewtopic.php?t=20971
but since then my stats have not improved.

<feed id="454051" uri="noisefromamerika">
<entry date="2009-01-11" circulation="908" hits="3060" reach="33" /

<entry date="2009-01-12" circulation="1012" hits="3960"
reach="68" />
<entry date="2009-01-13" circulation="968" hits="3947"
reach="108" />
<entry date="2009-01-14" circulation="988" hits="4215"
reach="186" />
<entry date="2009-01-15" circulation="983" hits="3827"
reach="121" />
<entry date="2009-01-16" circulation="978" hits="4091" reach="81" /

<entry date="2009-01-17" circulation="578" hits="3162" reach="61" /

<entry date="2009-01-18" circulation="577" hits="3134"
reach="117" />
<entry date="2009-01-19" circulation="667" hits="3875"
reach="103" />
<entry date="2009-01-20" circulation="694" hits="3934"
reach="113" />
<entry date="2009-01-21" circulation="673" hits="3730"
reach="173" />
<entry date="2009-01-22" circulation="695" hits="3907" reach="75" /

</feed>

al (at) hop-talk.com

Jan 24, 2009, 7:17:06 PM1/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - Feed and Web Statistics
Well, the problem has seemed to have resolved. My subscriber counts
are back to what they were a few days ago.