"Your feed filesize is larger than 512K."

bkvwilson

Jan 10, 2009, 12:51:56 PM1/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi,

I have tried everything to get feedburner to recognise my feed, but it
keeps returning the following message.

"Your feed filesize is larger than 512K. You need to reduce its size
in order for FeedBurner to process it. Tips for controlling feed file
size with Blogger can be found in Tech Tips on FeedBurner Forums, our
support site."

http://blogs.msdn.com/brianwilson/

bkvwilson

Jan 10, 2009, 12:52:04 PM1/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 13, 2009, 4:04:31 AM1/13/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hello Brian,

Your feed is really too large -- Content-Length: 745117

You may include fewer posts in your feed. This should reduce the feed
size.

I think Word 2007 is causing part of the issue because it generates
many unnecessary styles and classes to the code. Using Windows Live
Writer should be better.

Darren T

Jan 20, 2009, 7:20:48 AM1/20/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I'm having exactly the same problem with a brand new feed (with only
one item in it) generated by Wordpress 2.7 - it doesn't seem likely
that a new feed should be 512k+, does it?

attyshea

Jan 20, 2009, 7:56:05 PM1/20/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am getting the same error and according to websniffer my feed is
only 3k large.
http://harriscountyprobate.com/feed/

On Jan 13, 3:04 am, Franklin Tse [Community Expert] wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> Yourfeedis really too large -- Content-Length: 745117

Chris Barlow

Jan 24, 2009, 12:48:08 PM1/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I'm having the same problem too - my feed size according to web
sniffer is only 8KB.

http://www.successabroad.co.uk/feed/

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 24, 2009, 1:01:38 PM1/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hello,

When and where did you get the error?

Chris Barlow

Jan 25, 2009, 10:19:04 AM1/25/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
First saw the error when I was trying to change a setting on the
Feedburner administration page. I removed the feed and tried re-
adding it and it's coming back with this error:

"Your feed filesize is larger than 512K. You need to reduce its size
in order for FeedBurner to process it. Tips for controlling feed file
size with Blogger can be found in Tech Tips on FeedBurner Forums, our
support site.

The feed URL you entered is:

http://www.successabroad.co.uk/feed/

We could not find a valid feed at that address."

I can access the feed fine, and have even tried reduced the number of
feed posts in Wordpress (2.7) down to 1 and it still comes back with
the 512k error. I thought it might be a problem caused by my hosting
because they made a DNS change without telling me but that was 3 days
ago now.

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 26, 2009, 10:07:53 AM1/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Chris,

I will forward your case to the FeedBurner Team for investigation.

Chris Barlow

Jan 30, 2009, 2:46:06 AM1/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Franklin,

Thanks for doing that. Should I be expecting an email response or
something?

Danfog

Jan 31, 2009, 12:18:43 PM1/31/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Having the exact same problem in WordPress 2.7 Looking forward to
working this one out...

sybrrgeek

Feb 3, 2009, 9:29:09 PM2/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am having the same problems as the others ever since I have moved my
feed from FeedBurner to Google....any updates on this problem?

comedynerds

Feb 6, 2009, 4:50:51 PM2/6/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Me too. I have a podcast with 34 episodes. I don't want to blow out
any episodes, but it won't read anything new that I have put up there,
which is really annoying. I post weekly and I don't want my listeners
to think that i have stopped posting and go away.

comedynerds

Feb 6, 2009, 5:02:27 PM2/6/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
this is my feed by the way

http://www.thecomedynerds.com/feed/

Any help would be awesome.

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Feb 6, 2009, 8:59:51 PM2/6/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
The Team should make a reply in this thread... I will forward this
thread to them again...

PackersLounge

Feb 8, 2009, 2:45:58 PM2/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am having the same problem this morning. Very frustrating.

vbb

Feb 10, 2009, 6:24:09 AM2/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Me too :(
My subscribers have not been getting any updates via email since
beginning of the month.

Chris Barlow

Feb 11, 2009, 2:30:24 AM2/11/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Still no go :-(

DiScO

Feb 12, 2009, 9:55:29 AM2/12/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I have the same problem too. Just changed from feedburner to Google
and trying to change some things but it reports the file is too big
also but it's only a little over 10Kb's.

Cheers.

LightRae

Feb 14, 2009, 2:23:41 PM2/14/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Me Too. Need some help on this. This began upon moving to feedburner
google account.

On Feb 6, 5:02 pm, comedynerds wrote:
> this is myfeedby the way
>
> http://www.thecomedynerds.com/feed/
>
> Any help would be awesome.
>
> On Feb 6, 4:50 pm, comedynerds wrote:
>

> > Me too.  I have a podcast with 34 episodes.  I don't want to blow out
> > any episodes, but it won't read anything new that I have put up there,
> > which is really annoying.  I post weekly and I don't want my listeners
> > to think that i have stopped posting and go away.
>
> > On Feb 3, 9:29 pm, sybrrgeek wrote:
>
> > > I am having the same problems as the others ever since I have moved my
> > >feedfrom FeedBurner to Google....any updates on this problem?

dalesully

Feb 16, 2009, 4:11:34 PM2/16/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi i am getting the same problem. have wordpress 2.71. set my
syndication post to 1 but still get
Your feed filesize is larger than 512K. It's not above 512k so be good
to know what this bug is.

my valid feed is
http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Feb 17, 2009, 4:00:11 AM2/17/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hello,

http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/ is returning 500 Internal Server
Error.

BulldogBish

Feb 18, 2009, 12:08:44 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I'm having the exact same problem and this all started when I moved
from Feedburner to Google

Feed: http://www.coachholidaynews.com/feed/
Wordpress 2.7

I've validated it on FeedValidator and everything has come back fine
and I have also checked the filesize whick is 11k!!

Help!!

dalesully

Feb 18, 2009, 12:40:34 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi, sorry i am in the process off swapping my site over you should be
able to see it now.
http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/
i only have one post but still saying larger than 512k in feedburner

On Feb 17, 9:00 am, Franklin Tse [Community Expert] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/is returning 500 Internal Server
> Error.

LightRae

Feb 18, 2009, 4:33:48 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I see a lot of posts about this, but nothing saying it is fixed yet.
Is this being checked on at all? Just wondering, thanks.

wicked noodle

Feb 18, 2009, 5:06:16 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I'm having the same problem and have posted this question in another
thread - with no response. What the heck is going on with this? It's
quite apparent that this problem is a result of the switch to Google.

Someone needs to get this issue resolved!!

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Feb 18, 2009, 11:08:15 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
http://www.successabroad.co.uk/feed/ and http://www.coachholidaynews.com/feed/
both are using Apache/1.3.41, PHP/5.2.6, WordPress/2.7. Still
investigating.

http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/ returns HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
Error.

http://www.thecomedynerds.com/feed/ is really too large. Content-
Length: 569766

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Feb 18, 2009, 11:09:18 PM2/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I also suggest others who are facing the issue posting their feeds
here.

Darren T

Feb 19, 2009, 4:24:21 AM2/19/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Unable to establish Feedburner set-ups (with exactly the same error
message as posted above, brand new feed, relatively little content)
for:

http://www.bookmarketology.com/feed/
http://www.stepheniemeyer.co.uk/feed/

Both validate at feedvalidator.org, both relatively new feeds,
unlikely to be over 512k

Kustard

Feb 20, 2009, 4:04:59 AM2/20/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Same problem here, wordpress 2.7.1

Feed address

http://www.engageinteractive.co.uk/blog/feed

noeluk

Feb 23, 2009, 1:02:28 PM2/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Franklin

I am having the same feed file size issue. I publish a podcast with
iWeb and my rss.xml files are near 144k than 512k.

http://www.noelc.com/classic/classic/dj_noel_mix_archive/rss.xml
http://www.noelc.com/latest/dj_noel_recent_mixes/rss.xml?max-results=499

I get the error message when I try to make amends to the feed, such as
tweaking Smartcast settings.

This didn't happen before I moved to Google. Any help would be greatly
appreciated :-)

Kustard

Feb 24, 2009, 5:58:51 AM2/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Any update on this? My feed is still completely frozen, which is
starting to cause an issue as none of our site subscribers are getting
our latest blog updates :(

On Feb 23, 6:02 pm, noeluk wrote:
> Hi Franklin
>
> I am having the same feed file size issue. I publish a podcast with
> iWeb and my rss.xml files are near 144k than 512k.
>
> http://www.noelc.com/classic/classic/dj_noel_mix_archive/rss.xmlhttp://www.noelc.com/latest/dj_noel_recent_mixes/rss.xml?max-results=499

Franklin Tse

Feb 24, 2009, 8:34:01 AM2/24/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
The Team and I are still investigating the issue. There seems to be a
problem between Apache 1.3.41 and FeedBurner.

Dexter

Feb 25, 2009, 2:25:28 PM2/25/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Im having the same problem with wordpress 2.7 ans 2.7.1

mistertones

Feb 25, 2009, 2:51:09 PM2/25/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I have the same issue, also on an Apache 1.3.41 server.

Franklin Tse

Feb 26, 2009, 6:12:40 AM2/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Just wonder... Is upgrading the server to Apache 2.2 possible?

Franklin Tse

Feb 26, 2009, 7:48:57 PM2/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi all,

Some of the servers in the thread are blocking FeedBurner. Please add
clients with user-agent starting with "FeedBurner" to the whitelist.

Dexter

Feb 27, 2009, 5:47:40 AM2/27/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Frankin,

I was running the bad behaviour wordpress plugin but have disabled
this and I still cannot import my feed into feedburner. getting the
same error when importing http://www.toynews24.com/feed into
feedburner. 'Your feed filesize is larger than 512K.'

There still appears to be an issue on the feedburner side??

Franklin Tse

Feb 27, 2009, 7:02:10 AM2/27/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
The feed too large error is actually invalid. There is really an error
but the error message should not be that. The Team's investigation
shows that many feeds listed in the thread are blocking requests from
FeedBurner. So, please verify if your server is blocking FeedBurner.

jimhaysom

Feb 27, 2009, 6:18:12 PM2/27/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
New to this thread, but on Wordpress 2.7. and getting the feed
filesize is larger than 512k.

This is a new blog in January 2009, so surprised it has hit the
filesize.

http://www.jimhaysom.com/feed/

Have just ported over previous feedburner account. Have tried
reducing in Wordpress admin the settings for syndication to only 1
post, but it still fails.

Help appreciated.

Bob Bichler

Mar 1, 2009, 9:22:51 AM3/1/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Franklin,

My feed:

http://www.oagpodcast.com/feed

Has not worked since I tried to cut over from Feedburner to Google...I
see that you are suggesting that it is an issue with apache, but since
I am using a shared hosting provider (like I assume most people are) I
am unable to make any changes to it....Why is it that this worked when
run by Feedburner but now that Google runs it there is a problem on my
end?

Franklin Tse

Mar 1, 2009, 11:04:41 AM3/1/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Bob,

Please ask your hosting service provider if they are blocking requests
from Google/FeedBurner.

Kustard

Mar 2, 2009, 4:39:01 AM3/2/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Mine is sorted now - we have two servers, one running a newer version
of apache. I moved the site to this new server and it's all started
working.

mistertones

Mar 3, 2009, 5:43:44 AM3/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

I am also using shared hosting, but have asked their support about
this.

However I don't think this can be the issue - I had a working
Feedburner feed set up before the account was moved to Google. At this
point the updates froze, and in the end I deleted the feed. Since then
I've been unable to create a new feed.

Ian

Franklin Tse

Mar 4, 2009, 12:54:36 AM3/4/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Ian,

Please let me know if you hear anything from them. Thanks.

mistertones

Mar 9, 2009, 2:56:43 PM3/9/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Franklin,

My hosting providers support replied, saying:

"Our engineers have advised that there are no known blocks on our
systems"

The feed is working normally and websniffer reports it as only 19K in
size.

Ian

Franklin Tse

Mar 10, 2009, 5:58:18 AM3/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi Ian,

Would you mind posting your feed here?

Julia Chanteray - The Joy of Business

Mar 10, 2009, 10:41:15 AM3/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi all,

I'm also having the 512k problem. My reading settings are 4 posts in
summary mode.

http://www.thejoyofbusiness.co.uk/blog/feed

mistertones

Mar 10, 2009, 11:01:50 AM3/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

Hi Franklin,

Here it is:

http://productionadvice.co.uk/feed

Ian

mistertones

Mar 17, 2009, 3:15:35 PM3/17/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

Any news on this ?

aliasgill

Mar 18, 2009, 7:02:32 AM3/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi, I also have this problem.
I transferred my Wordpress blog to a self-hosted version. I then
tried to update my feed details @ feedburner but have been unable to
get feedburner to accept my new feed. I get the error message about
the feed being too large, but I have verified the feed is Ok, reduced
it to summary only and just 5 posts. The size is now only 14k !!
But still the same error message comes up.

My feed is here http://gillmoorephotography.co.uk/blog/feed/

I don't really know what else I can do. Any suggestions most
welcome. Thanks.

dalesully

Mar 18, 2009, 7:18:17 PM3/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi i am fully transfered over to my new site now. It was showing an
error.
Now all is well but still getting the 'Your feed filesize is larger
than 512K'... my valid feed is here and should be smaller than 512k

On Feb 19, 4:08 am, Franklin Tse [Community Expert] wrote:
> http://www.successabroad.co.uk/feed/andhttp://www.coachholidaynews.com/feed/
> both are using Apache/1.3.41, PHP/5.2.6, WordPress/2.7. Still
> investigating.
>
> http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/returns HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
> Error.
>
> http://www.thecomedynerds.com/feed/is really too large. Content-
> Length: 569766

WilliamClaxton

Mar 22, 2009, 6:16:20 AM3/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am getting the error "Your feed filesize is larger than 512K".

My feed is 'valid' going through the feedvalidator:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A//www.williamclaxton.co.uk/feed/

I set up the site yesterday and have posted a 1 line test post. So
doubt very much it is actually over 512K.

http://www.williamclaxton.co.uk

I've never had a problem before when setting up a feed, it is since it
moved to google that I have experienced this problem for the first
time. Any ideas on how to fix this as it is quite important!

HELP!

ryanrit

Mar 23, 2009, 3:50:27 PM3/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am having the same problem with my feed found here:
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/tdl/iPhoneappreviews

On Mar 22, 5:16 am, WilliamClaxton wrote:
> I am getting the error "Your feed filesize is larger than 512K".
>
> My feed is 'valid' going through the feedvalidator:
>
> http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A//www.williamclaxton.co...

ryanrit

Mar 23, 2009, 3:53:55 PM3/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
My feed is having the same issue. If it helps, my feed is coming from
blip.tv and I have several feeds from them through feedburner. Only
one is having this error, so it's not any blocking on their end.
~Ryan

mistertones

Mar 23, 2009, 7:12:17 PM3/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

More details - my host got back to me with this message:

***
Our engineers have tested your domain and confirmed there are no
hosting issues relating to RSS feeds for your domain.

A test RSS feed they have created is located at the URL
http://www.productionadvice.co.uk/rss%20test/

***

Feedburner gives the same error as the main site feed.

andy_at_tcws.co.uk

Mar 26, 2009, 9:04:14 AM3/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hello, Is there an update with a fix on this at all?

My feed is here:
http://www.creativewebsites4u.co.uk/wordpress/?feed=rss2

Running on a Fasthosts shared server with Apache/1.3.41, PHP 5.2.6,
Wordpress 2.7

Feed validates:
http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.creativewebsites4u.co.uk%2fwordpress%2f%3ffeed%3drss2

Last time I checked (yesterday) the feed was way lower than 512k

Any help gratefully received.

Andy

On Feb 19, 4:09 am, Franklin Tse [Community Expert] wrote:
> I also suggest others who are facing the issue posting their feeds
> here.

dalesully

Mar 26, 2009, 2:01:58 PM3/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi i am with streamline and have asked my hosting and they say they
have hundreds of working feeds so shouldn't be a problem.
they also say i (myself) can't put feedburner on whitelist they say
they need to be contacted by the software vendor. so any chance
someone their can contact them?
http://streamlinenet.co.uk/contact.php or 0844 941 1000
i guess if it works on mine we'll know its to do with the whitelist
issue..
cheers

On Mar 18, 7:18 pm, dalesully wrote:
> Hi i am fully transfered over to my new site now. It was showing an
> error.
> Now all is well but still getting the 'Your feed filesize is larger
> than 512K'... my valid feed is here and should be smaller than 512khttp://www.dalesullivan.com/feed
>
> On Feb 19, 4:08 am, Franklin Tse [Community Expert] wrote:
>
> >http://www.successabroad.co.uk/feed/andhttp://www.coachholidaynews.co...
> > both are using Apache/1.3.41, PHP/5.2.6, WordPress/2.7. Still
> > investigating.
>
> >http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed/returnsHTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
> > Error.
>
> >http://www.thecomedynerds.com/feed/isreally too large. Content-
> > Length: 569766

dalesully

Mar 30, 2009, 1:05:59 PM3/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
hi well guessing that they have been contacted as my hosting,on the
whitelist issue, has got back to me saying
'We're glad this problem is now resolved.'
Unfortunately my small and valid feed is still saying the problem
"Your feed filesize is larger than 512K".
http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed
Not sure what else i can do this side so any other help would be
grateful.
cheers

On Mar 26, 2:01 pm, dalesully wrote:
> Hi i am with streamline and have asked my hosting and they say they
> have hundreds of working feeds so shouldn't be a problem.
> they also say i (myself) can't put feedburner on whitelist they say
> they need to be contacted by the software vendor. so any chance
> someone their can contact them?http://streamlinenet.co.uk/contact.phpor 0844 941 1000

mistertones

Mar 31, 2009, 7:48:31 AM3/31/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

Anyone with this problem and a Wordpress site might like to use this
plugin - it offers stats but not the nice sign-up features:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-feed-statistics/

Jeremy Burgess, GoldFigure

Mar 31, 2009, 10:52:02 AM3/31/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hi there,

I have just moved a site from the development server to live, the live
server is also hosted at Streamline (IIS, PHP, Joomla 1.5.10).

I successfully added the development server (XAMPP 1.7) feed to
Feedburner (http://goldfigure.dyndns.org/cfmwebsite/index.php/Expert-
Comment/feed/rss.html?format=feed) but the live feed is having issues
(http://www.cfm-advisers.co.uk/index.php/Expert-Comment/feed/rss.html?
format=feed).

The feed is reporting valid and is ~8kb.

Any help appreciated.

Jeremy

mistertones

Apr 8, 2009, 5:53:55 AM4/8/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Is everybody with this problem hosted by Streamline ?

mistertones

Apr 17, 2009, 5:21:34 AM4/17/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

I've just queries this with my host again and they insist it is a
problem with Google, not at their end.

worldspan

Apr 20, 2009, 12:40:13 PM4/20/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Also got this problem, I use Fasthosts and it is a shared package so
I can't do anything about it. Use feedburner on another website and
wanted to use it for this but seems Google have 'dropped a bollock'!

http://blog.worldspangroup.com/?feed=rss2

BBG

Apr 26, 2009, 12:54:14 PM4/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Am using Fasthosts too, and keep getting the same problem.

http://www.breakfastbusinessgroup.com/blog/atom.xml

Anyone getting resolution from Feedburner / Google on this?

markrpollak

May 1, 2009, 6:03:12 AM5/1/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am getting the same problem too - hosted with fasthosts and the
wordpress blog only has 3 short posts but getting the file size limit

dalesully

May 5, 2009, 6:54:59 AM5/5/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Still having the 512k limit problem..
keep on checking back month by month and still no answer on this?
http://www.dalesullivan.com/feed

andy_at_tcws.co.uk

May 14, 2009, 11:07:17 AM5/14/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Looks like this might be a Fasthosts problem. FYI Streamline is a
reseller of Fasthosts – which is why people may be having the same
problem?

andy_at_tcws.co.uk

Rory P

May 17, 2009, 3:53:34 PM5/17/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Having the same problem here, can't resync without the 512k error and
my feed is barely 15k. Am also with streamline. This is driving me
insane, Google: Help!!

Anduril13

May 18, 2009, 7:37:15 AM5/18/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am having a similar problem, and guess what, I am also hosted with
Streamline. My feed stopped working last Tuesday, and it has not
updated anything else I have written. I have reduced the feed's size,
but I am still getting this problem, which seems to be Streamline
related for sure.

Jonny

May 23, 2009, 4:12:27 PM5/23/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I'm having the exact same problem from the Google/Streamline setup. I
really need this backup and running now.

As far as I can see Feedburner says it's Streamline and Steamline says
it's Feedburner. What can we do to resolve this? Who can we pester
further and what do we need to get them to do?

sambeach

Jun 1, 2009, 11:57:15 AM6/1/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I've got this problem too.

Fasthosts say contact feedburner.

And I can't find out how bar this forum.

Let's get this problem sorted people. If we can put a man on the moon.
We can sort this problem.

The question is: How?

Jon Kelbie

Jun 11, 2009, 8:59:58 PM6/11/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Same problem here, also on with Fasthosts - only 5 summaries on my
feed:

http://bushidodreams.com/feed/

markrpollak

Jun 30, 2009, 12:17:09 PM6/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I've just had the following reply back from fasthosts support which
doesn't help much.

How can we get in touch with someone at feedburner / google to answer
the question as to how feedburner connects to the website ... this is
getting ridiculous.

Thanks for your recent enquiry to the Fasthosts Support team

Our engineers have looked into the problem you have reported and
cannot see anything in terms of how the Fasthosts system is set up
that would cause this problem. Unfortunately we would need some
details of how exactly Feedburner connect to a website to process the
RSS feed to understand why their system is giving this error. To that
end you would need to contact them and ask them these questions.

If you have any further questions or problems regarding this
particular issue, please reply to this email including all the
relevant details.

If you reply after seven days, a new ticket number will be issued
automatically, as a matter of course. But we'll still be able to
respond just as quickly.

Many Thanks,

doyouthinkthatsracist doyouthinkthatsracist

Jul 10, 2009, 7:36:27 AM7/10/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I also have this exact same issue. I checked my feed at http://web-sniffer.net
it tells me the feed size is 4.43KiB.

However, when I try and register it with feedburner I get the
following error message:
"Your feed filesize is larger than 512K. You need to reduce its size
in order for FeedBurner to process it. Tips for controlling feed file
size with Blogger can be found in Tech Tips on FeedBurner Forums, our
support site."

I am using Wordpress and hosting my site with Streamline.

I have raised a support ticket with Streamline today - waiting to hear
back from them.

It's a shame as I really want to be able to use feedburner.

Has anyone fixed this with their feed?

Btw, my feed is:
http://www.doyouthinkthatsracist.com/?feed=rss2