Feedburner feed and original feed are out of sync, Wordpress plug-in problem?

JenC

Mar 28, 2010, 3:26:03 PM3/28/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I have a problem with my feedburner feed not showing up-to-date
content, and after taking all of the suggested actions on the
troubleshooting feedburner page, I'm not sure what to do next.

Here is the basic information for my blog:
Wordpress version: 2.9.2
Original feed address: http://www.ModernBeet.com/feed
Feedburner feed address: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ModernBeet

I have the following Feedburner plug-ins installed (Feedsmith is
activated, FD plugin deactivated):
-FeedBurner Feedsmith
-FD Feedburner Plugin

If I activate the FD Feedburner plugin (and deactivate Feedsmith),
neither the original nor the feedburner feed show up-to-date content.
If I activate the Feedsmith plugin, my original feed shows up-to-date
content, but the feedburner feed is still out of date.

I have tried multiple pings from the 'Troubleshootize' page, and also
resyncing the feed multiple times. When I resync the feed, I get the
following two errors:
-There is an issue that must be addressed with your source feed for
the feed "Modern Beet"
-null

Also, there are no problems reported in the FeedMedic area of
feedburner either.

Any suggestions of what to do to fix this?

Thanks,
Jen

JenC

Mar 28, 2010, 3:29:22 PM3/28/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I should also mention that the feedburner feed had been working fine
since I burned my original feed (more than a year ago), and it seems
to break last weekend when I upgraded from Wordpress v 2.2 (?) to 2.9.

JenC

Mar 30, 2010, 5:32:15 PM3/30/10
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
anyone?? any ideas??

Bike Shop Hub

May 3, 2012, 2:33:54 PM5/3/12
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
I am experiencing the same problem. My WordPress feed at http://www.commutebybike.com/feed/?format=xml  is accurate,  and my settings at FeedBurner.com are set to use this URL to retrieve my feed. But the URL http://feeds2.feedburner.com/CommuteByBike?format=xml is several days out of date. What is the solution to this?

Bike Shop Hub

May 3, 2012, 2:35:40 PM5/3/12
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
I should add, the URL http://feeds.feedburner.com/CommuteByBike is also several days out of date with my site feed.

Bike Shop Hub

May 4, 2012, 12:32:15 PM5/4/12
to feedburne...@googlegroups.com
RESOLUTION:    I was able to determine that our Feed contained some HTML comment code added to the feed inadvertently from a Caching Plugin we use.  At the end of the XML feed file, there were two HTML comments in the format <!-- comment -->  ... I updated the configuration on our Caching Plugin to exempt participating in the generation of our feed.  /Frank