Migrated Feeds Simply Vaporized

Steve M

Aug 29, 2008, 10:50:59 PM8/29/08
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
OK. So I have seend a couple of messages to AdSense support trying to
fix the problem but nada.

Over a week ago I used the Google form to have my Classic FeedBurner
feeds migrated over to to Google Feedburner so I could access them in
AdSense.

After the supposed migration to the Google account I listed, I can
access the feeds through the new Google feedproxy but the feeds don't
show up in the AdSense control panel nor in the new FeedBurner login
for the target Google account.

Here's the rub: I have one big feed syndicated through Pluck and
articles routinely appear on Reuters WSJ, Chicago Sun Times and other
news outlet's sites.

When I swap to the new feedproxy URL, it's gonna hose that readership
and related metrics for quite a while so this mess has to be cleaned
up before I destroy and rebuild the link with Pluck.

I wish now that I had never tried to migrate the feeds. What a mess.

Moral of the story, don't let the Google interns fix something that
isn't broken.