Error getting URL: 999 - Unknown

FredB

Jan 14, 2009, 10:24:21 AM1/14/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I've tried to transition from my Feedburner account to my Google
account. All of my Feeds transferred correctly except the feed
originally at...

http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleBlogSearchthemeTimeRadioHour

The proxy page

http://feedproxy.google.com/GoogleBlogSearchthemeTimeRadioHour

displays a 502 error message and claims the URL is unknown.

The original Feed is a delicious bookmark page at...

http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/fhbals/ttrh

The page URL is http://delicious.com/fhbals/ttrh

I've tried to re-create the Feedburner feed and get an error message
saying that the Feed is unknown. I get the same message if I enter in
the page URL. The Feed is valid according to Feedvalidator. This
worked perfecltly in the "old" Feedburner. How do I fix this issue?

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 15, 2009, 12:16:34 PM1/15/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hello,

I will forward your case to the FeedBurner Team for investigation.
Please stay tuned.

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 15, 2009, 10:30:39 PM1/15/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
The Traffic Team is trying to fix the 99 error.

FredB

Jan 16, 2009, 9:34:36 AM1/16/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Thank you. I look forward to more info.

superzed

Jan 20, 2009, 1:20:20 PM1/20/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I have the same problem after transfering feedburner account to google
account with a delicious feed
(An error occurred connecting to the URL: Error getting URL: 999 -
Unknown

Identify Feed Source
Back to My Feeds
The feed URL you entered is:

http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/nouvelleMARQUE/nouvelle-MARQUE?count=15)

Mindy

Jan 21, 2009, 9:31:08 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I have the same error, and I suspect it's because the "feed address"
in the "edit feed details" section remains a http://feeds2.feedburner.com
feed.

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 21, 2009, 10:09:08 AM1/21/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I am sure that Team is working on the issue. Will ask them for more
info.

Werner

Jan 22, 2009, 6:50:43 AM1/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I had the same problem and played around.
I used: http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/atom/USER/TAG
instead of the delicious standard feed address http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/USER/TAG
i other words i changed "rss" to "atom"
and this works fine. Do not aks me why.

On Jan 14, 4:24 pm, FredB wrote:
> I've tried to transition from my Feedburner account to my Google
> account.  All of my Feeds transferred correctly except the feed
> originally at...
>
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleBlogSearchthemeTimeRadioHour
>
> The proxy page
>
> http://feedproxy.google.com/GoogleBlogSearchthemeTimeRadioHour
>
> displays a 502 error message and claims the URL is unknown.
>
> The original Feed is a delicious bookmark page at...
>
> http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/fhbals/ttrh
>
> The page URL ishttp://delicious.com/fhbals/ttrh

Werner

Jan 22, 2009, 7:05:58 AM1/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
If a little man like me can make this work, why a powerful corporation
like Google is not able to answer such simple questions ?

"He pumped your gas and he cleaned your glass
And one cold rainy night he fixed your flat
The new stores came where you do it yourself
You buy a lotto ticket and food off the shelf
Forget about the little man
Forget about that little man" (Alan Jackson)

Simon L.

Jan 25, 2009, 4:19:22 PM1/25/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Changing "rss" to "atom" worked for me, too.

FeedBurner Admin

Jan 26, 2009, 12:12:57 AM1/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
We have been trying to contact the right people at Yahoo to solve this
problem, but it has not been resolved as of yet. You may wish to do
the same.

Rogi

Jan 26, 2009, 6:16:44 AM1/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Changing rss to atom does _not_ work for me (I'm using Yahoo Pipes).

My feed:

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=qgMnJH1M3BG6EL4ro_NLYQ&_render=rss

Feedburner/Google says 'Error getting URL: 999 - Unknown' which,
clearly, is wrong.
Message has been deleted

Mindy

Jan 26, 2009, 11:46:22 AM1/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
The change from rss to atom in the delicious feed worked for me.
Thanks!
Message has been deleted

Werner

Jan 26, 2009, 12:03:10 PM1/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
@Rogi, i never said that this is a fix for Yahoo Pipes.
I described this for Delicious feeds only.

On Jan 26, 12:17 pm, Rogi wrote:
> Changing rss to atom does _not_ work for me (I'm using Yahoo Pipes).
>
> My feed:
>
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=qgMnJH1M3BG6EL4ro_NLYQ&_ren...
>
> Feedburner/Google says 'Error getting URL: 999 - Unknown' which,
> clearly, is wrong.
>
> On Jan 26, 5:12 am, FeedBurner Admin wrote:
>

> > We have been trying to contact the right people at Yahoo to solve this
> > problem, but it has not been resolved as of yet.  You may wish to do
> > the same.- Hide quoted text -

FredB

Jan 26, 2009, 1:37:37 PM1/26/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Worked for me (currently at least) too, Werner, thanks.

Interestingly, I had created a workaround using Yahoo Pipes (that is,
ported in the delicious feed into the pipe, than used the pipe feed in
Feedburner), which originally worked and stopped working over the
weekend with the damnable 999 error. So I tried the change rss to
atom fix on the delicious feed and it's now working.

I think it's a little disingenous to be using the excuse "We have been
trying to contact the right people at Yahoo to solve this problem..."
as it's obvious that the problem is on Feedburner/Google's end and has
something to do with the migration. Why doesn't Google simply revert
us back to the "old" Feedburner, and go build a sandbox where they can
work out these problems without impacting their users.

Rogi

Jan 27, 2009, 7:14:08 AM1/27/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Thanks Werner,

I did realise that but was hoping that a Google person would pick up
on it.

No luck though.

Think I'll abandon Feedburner and go direct to Pipes.
Message has been deleted

CBL

Jan 27, 2009, 11:19:23 AM1/27/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I call this a regression, ie. the worst kind of bug. All my feeds a
screewed up, got a lot from yahoo pipes. This regression is Google's,
not yahoo's. Please fix it asap.
> > Changing "rss" to "atom" worked for me, too.- Hide quoted text -

Werner

Jan 27, 2009, 12:28:38 PM1/27/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I researched a bit on the Yahoo Pipe problem although i am not relying
on Pipes myself.

1. There are no problems with using Yahoo Pipes in Google Reader.

2. There are no problems with using Yahoo Pipes with the Google Feeds
API, e.g. feedControl.addFeed(...)

3. There are however problems in the (undocumented) Google Reader
"API", e.g.
http://www.google.com/reader/atom/feed/http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/?count=15
is working perfect, whereas
http://www.google.com/reader/atom/feed/http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=qgMnJH1M3BG6EL4ro_NLYQ&_render=rss
DOES NOT WORK

I always thought they are running all this RSS stuff on a common feed
fetching infrastructure and the
reason for the recent feedburner changes was the migration to this
common Google "ecosystem".

Btw, what is the role/responsability of a Google Forum "Community
Expert" ?

TLWH

Jan 28, 2009, 1:17:08 AM1/28/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Yahoo Pipes have added the IP's Google mention in http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/

They said it would be a few hours or even days before it propagates.

I do see the feeds at http://feeds.feedburner jumping back to life
for 2 hours at a time, then they die. http://feeds2.feedburner has
been down 3 days now for pipes.

On Jan 28, 1:28 am, Werner wrote:
> I researched a bit on the Yahoo Pipe problem although i am not relying
> on Pipes myself.
>
> 1. There are no problems with using Yahoo Pipes in Google Reader.
>
> 2. There are no problems with using Yahoo Pipes with the Google Feeds
> API, e.g. feedControl.addFeed(...)
>
> 3. There are however problems in the (undocumented) Google Reader
> "API", e.g.http://www.google.com/reader/atom/feed/http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/...
> is working perfect, whereashttp://www.google.com/reader/atom/feed/http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/p...

Franklin Tse [Community Expert]

Jan 28, 2009, 6:12:54 AM1/28/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Yahoo! is still blocking the feeds2.feedburner. Nothing can be done by
FeedBurner unfortunately.

Handride

Jan 28, 2009, 6:33:46 AM1/28/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
What's the timeframe on Yahoo Pipes RSS working at Google. This is
very poor. and multiple topics are talking about it.

TLWH

Jan 28, 2009, 7:20:28 AM1/28/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services

Werner

Jan 30, 2009, 9:30:12 AM1/30/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Unfortunately there was too much smoke und no real information.
Google realized much too late that we need a much more open
communication policy,
but fortunately finally understood, e.g. see
http://feedburnerstatus.blogspot.com/2009/01/error-999-when-viewing-or-burning-new.html

If a Community Expert is really blaming some others, e.g. Yahoo for
the problems, then i
expect to hear the complete real story of the root cause after the
issues have been resolved.

I really do not blame anybody for the problems, such a migration is a
complex venture and it may
take some time and collateral complications are to be expected.

But if there are problems, i expect a fast rational explanation not
leaving me in the dark.

On Jan 28, 1:20 pm, TLWH wrote:
> "Yahoo! is still blocking the feeds2.feedburner"
>
> http://discuss.pipes.yahoo.com/Message_Boards_for_Pipes/threadview?m=...
>
> They've added the required IP addresses
>
> On Jan 28, 7:12 pm, Franklin Tse [Community Expert] wrote:
>

> > Yahoo! is still blocking the feeds2.feedburner. Nothing can be done by
> > FeedBurner unfortunately.- Hide quoted text -

nathanziarek

Mar 3, 2009, 11:08:24 PM3/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
I don't think it is fixed. I've been trying for 40 minutes, with both
RSS and ATOM and repeatedly get the same error. The feeds from
delicious themselves are fine. Since this issue seems to have been
"fixed" on Jan 30, and it is now March, thoughts on what else I could
possibly try?

Thanks!

Franklin Tse

Mar 3, 2009, 11:18:33 PM3/3/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
It was fixed, but it appears not currently. I have reported the issue
to the Team.