Read timed out, yet ping and FeedMedic are all good

Wiggly

Mar 15, 2009, 8:51:41 PM3/15/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Since the weekend I am having trouble with my feeds hosted on my
domain http://wigglysworld.com. I checked permissions on my site and
they are the same as the other site I run that is working. The
response time is as fast as ever. I can also ping with no trouble
from feedburner and all other feed tests work.

The feeds that I am having trouble with are,

http://wigglysworld.com/milkshake/fb-rss.xml
which is http://feeds2.feedburner.com/MagicMilkshakeMachine

http://wigglysworld.com/wig/podcast-fb.xml
which is http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Wiggly

http://wigglysworld.com/wetalkgames/podcast-fb.xml
which is http://feeds2.feedburner.com/wetalkgames

and the original one which I have since moved temporarily
http://chikarapodcast.com/media/ChikaraPodcast.xml

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated,
Wiggly

Wiggly

Mar 17, 2009, 2:09:40 PM3/17/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
No contact with Google for years of partnership with FeedBurner is a
truly a crap treatment to such a valuable asset.

Can anyone tell me what port the RESYNC feature uses so I might be
able to resolve this with my host?

Thanks in advance,

Wig

Franklin Tse

Mar 22, 2009, 1:15:10 PM3/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Hello,

The read timed error means that your host didn't respond to the
FeedBurner's request in 10 seconds. The resync feature clears the
cache of your feed in FeedBurner and makes a fresh request to the
original feed.

Wiggly

Mar 22, 2009, 3:47:07 PM3/22/09
to FeedBurner Help Group - General Services
Right on, however, if I ping my server from FeedBurner, the response
is instantaneous. The only feed which I haven't redirected to another
hosting site is http://wigglysworld.com/milkshake/fb-rss.xml to use as
testing since the other feeds directly effect my income. There must
be something else going on here if all of my hosted files are able to
be accessed from my domain, the server can be pinged and download
speeds are near 5 MPS. There is no way FeedBurner is not getting a
response within 10 seconds unless the resync is being perceived as a
hack attempt (hence trying to understand what port or method is being
used request the feed and resync). Perhaps the IP of the FeedBurner
servers is being blocked by my host, is the external IP Range known
(but, this doesn't explain why ping works and works immediately)?

Thank you in advance,

Wig