Feedflare in blogger beta

mcatrage

Sep 18, 2006, 9:40:38 PM9/18/06
to FeedBurner Services
Been searching the forum and i couldn't see any help on this so now i'm posting.

I'm using blogger beta and i'm trying to add feedflare to my site. (works perfect on feed)

I've followed the instructions and unless i'm mistaken they change the code in blogger beta and I've been unable to add the code near the post-footer portion of the code.

"We were unable to preview your template
Please correct the error below, and submit your template again.
Invalid variable declaration in page skin: Variable is used but not defined. Input: BlogItemPermalinkURL"

error i get when i try to preview

Wondering if anyone knows how to get it to work

http://cat-insight.blogspot.com/
FYI

matt

Sep 18, 2006, 10:52:20 PM9/18/06
to FeedBurner Services
Templates have changed dramatically with the new Blogger Beta. As a result, the FeedFlare code we provide does not work with the new templates.

Here is the code publishers should use:

<script expr:src=’” http://feeds.feedburner.com/~s/{YOURFEEDBURNERFEED}?i=” + data:post.url’ type=”text/javascript”></script>

...where {YOURFEEDBURNERFEED} is the part of your FeedBurner feed address that comes after: feeds.feedburner.com/

The best place to put this in most of the default templates is directly below

We will be updating our FeedFlare QuickStart for Blogger once the Beta becomes an official launch.

mcatrage

Sep 18, 2006, 11:38:23 PM9/18/06
to FeedBurner Services
awesome thanks so much I got it working

Foxytallchick

Sep 21, 2006, 3:26:04 PM9/21/06
to FeedBurner Services
Hi - I followed the above example but when I previewed the template I got the following reply:
Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Open quote is expected for attribute "expr:src" associated with an element type "script".

Could someone please explain what have I done wrong?

Thankyou.

loupdargent

Oct 1, 2006, 8:18:05 AM10/1/06
to FeedBurner Services
I had a little prolem myself and found out that a few other people
had problems too... Nothing drastic and nothing that can't get fixed.
Usually things that needed to be done while/before adding the code in
the template...

So far I'm aware of 3 little things that might cause a problem,
have a look at Fwd: Adding FeedFlare To a Blogger Beta Template - The Easy Way
and see if it's relevant to your problem. :)

And, of course, let me know if it works now... :D

ShellyS

Oct 2, 2006, 4:51:34 PM10/2/06
to FeedBurner Services
I got the same error and I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I expanded the widgets, added the code to where it says, and get that error message every time I click Preview. HELP! :)

loupdargent

Oct 2, 2006, 5:24:29 PM10/2/06
to FeedBurner Services
Ok, emailing my code right now...

I hope it works...
It did for me, once I added what I've posted in my blog. Weird.. :?

loupdargent

Oct 2, 2006, 5:34:02 PM10/2/06
to FeedBurner Services
Actually, not so weird after all...
When copying and pasting,
the space between some codes
can disappear and ome errors messages
are bond to appear instead...

Always double check what has been pasted
in your template and compare the results with
the original code on here...
[ better safe than sorry. ;-) ]