Guylene Proulx

Dave McGill

Dec 7, 2009, 2:33:25 PM12/7/09
to FDS and Smokeview Discussions
Hello All,

I am sad to report the death of Guylene Proulx this past Tuesday.
While not a member of the FDS community I'm sure many of you know of
her work.

Dr. Guylène Proulx was a Senior Researcher in the Fire Research
Program at the National Research Council Canada. She had a Ph.D.
degree in Architectural Planning from the University of Montreal. Over
the last 20 years she developed a unique expertise in human behaviour
studies in emergency situations. Her research involved interviewing
survivors after fires and conducting evacuation experiments in
buildings. She was selected by NIST to lead the research on the
occupant response and evacuation into the World Trade Center
Investigation. She was on the Board of Directors of the Society of
Fire Protection Engineers and she was also teaching in fire protection
engineering at Carleton University and at the Worcester Polytechnic
Institute.