Announcement: FBReader 0.8.13

geometer

Feb 8, 2008, 9:04:52 PM2/8/08
to FBReader
Hello All,

new release 0.8.13 is available at http://www.fbreader.org

Main changes are:
fixed infinite loop in text drawing code
fixed some problems with plain text format
added 'go to page number...' feature
added Motorola A1200 port

-- Nikolay Pultsin

AlanW

Feb 8, 2008, 11:09:57 PM2/8/08
to FBReader
Under Windows XP (with 0.8.12 installed) I get "Error opening file for
writing" FBReader.exe.

n9ots

Feb 8, 2008, 10:24:32 PM2/8/08
to FBReader
After the update on my 770 the program starts to load then fails to
open (screen switches to fbreader window and I can see the "loading
text" pop up then porgram fails)
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling with full reboot between and I
still get the same problem.
Whats the comand to open it in xterm so I can maybe see what is going
on?

Have Fun
ben

On Feb 8, 8:04 pm, geometer <geome...@mawhrin.net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> new release 0.8.13 is available athttp://www.fbreader.org

n9ots

Feb 9, 2008, 12:48:12 AM2/9/08
to FBReader
Problem on my 770 (latest os2006)
program attempts to load (get 'loading text' pop up then crash)
I get he following in xterm:
~ $ FBReader -v
1077: arguments to dbus_connection_register_object_path() were
incorrect, assertion "path[0] == '/'" failed in file dbus-connection.c
line 4349.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-BUS library.
Segmentation fault

Have fun
Ben

geometer

Feb 9, 2008, 3:04:24 AM2/9/08
to FBReader
Ben: sorry, there is some problems with Maemo. Please, downgrade your
device back to 0.8.12 (available at http://www.fbreader.org/maemo/).
The problem will be fixed today in a few hours.

Alan: may be, FBReader was running at moment of the installation?

-- Nikolay Pultsin

AlanW

Feb 9, 2008, 10:58:09 AM2/9/08
to FBReader
On Feb 9, 2:04 am, geometer <geome...@mawhrin.net> wrote:
> Alan: may be, FBReader was running at moment of the installation?

It must have been running. I rebooted and the install worked as usual.