Announcement: FBReader 0.10.0 for desktops/netbooks is released

geometer

Jan 12, 2009, 8:46:40 AM1/12/09
to FBReader
Hello All,

FBReader 0.10.0 is released today.

* This release is sponsored by Intel(R) Learning Series.
* Version 0.10.0 is released for Desktop/Netbook computers only
(for both Linux and Windows platforms).
* Packages for Nokia Internet Tablet and other platforms will be
released soon.

Changes:

* Network libraries integration has been added. FBReader can
search and download books from Feedbooks.com and LitRes libraries. We
plan to add more libraries in future releases. Short guide for this
new feature is available online.
Privacy notice: FBReader does not send any information to
libraries without user request (and never sends any information about
user's library or other user's information).
* Partial CSS support for epub files has been added. CSS support
in html and fb2 is coming soon.
* Epub and Mobipocket book formats support has been substantially
improved.
* Library view usability has been improved: you can now organize
the tree either by author or by tag.
* You can now select a word by double-click and a paragraph by
triple-click.
* Right-to-left languages and bidirectional texts support has been
added (GNU FriBidi library is used).
* Support for Arabic, Hebrew, Greek and Turkish has been added.
* Czech localization has been added (many thanks to Lubomír
Čevela).
* FBReader now has a new set of icons.
* It's now possible to use OS scrollbar for navigating through the
text (this is now default and if you would like to continue using old
variant, you can change it in the preferences dialog.)
* Various bugs have been fixed.

Changes important for package builders:
* 2 new library dependencies have been added: lubcurl and
libfribidi
* liblinebreak 1.0 is used in this release (see
http://vimgadgets.sourceforge.net/liblinebreak/) for details

Best Regards,

-- Nikolay Pultsin

AlanW

Jan 12, 2009, 9:19:14 PM1/12/09
to FBReader
I like the FeedBooks download capability. I was going to ask for an
option to change the download directory, but I see that this is
available on the library tab (and it is even in your documentation).

Is FBReader pre-installed on all Intel Classmate PCs?

FRANK TWIGG

Jan 13, 2009, 6:14:18 AM1/13/09
to fbre...@googlegroups.com
Will you please instruct me,a novice, how to upgrade my FBReader
which is installed on a miniBook
Thank you
Frank

geometer

Jan 13, 2009, 8:36:14 AM1/13/09
to FBReader
> Is FBReader pre-installed on all Intel Classmate PCs?

I think, this question is for Intel. ;)

-- Nikolay Pultsin

geometer

Jan 13, 2009, 8:46:19 AM1/13/09
to FBReader
Hi Frank,

Do you mean ASUS minibook with Xandros distribution? If yes, debian
packages are for you. Please visit the page http://www.fbreader.org/desktop/debian.php
for instructions.

Regards,

-- Nikolay Pultsin

Yongwei Wu

Jan 14, 2009, 9:00:31 PM1/14/09
to fbre...@googlegroups.com
2009/1/13 AlanW <wall...@gmail.com>:

You can see a classmate PC loaded with FBReader in this CES video:

http://www.g4tv.com/ces2009/videos/36008/CES_09_Netbooks.html

--
Wu Yongwei

sunji...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 1:09:24 PM1/15/09
to FBReader
FBReader 0.10.0 can't make keybinding for space bar, no matter what
action is bindinged to it, fbreader always open the library tree.

Mikolaj Machowski

Jan 15, 2009, 6:11:08 PM1/15/09
to fbre...@googlegroups.com
Dnia Friday 16 January 2009, sunji...@gmail.com napisał:
> FBReader 0.10.0 can't make keybinding for space bar, no matter what
> action is bindinged to it, fbreader always open the library tree.

Huh? I mapped it without big problems. Although it is a shame that
I have to map such basic shortcut myself.

m.

geometer

Jan 16, 2009, 9:46:26 AM1/16/09
to FBReader
Hi,

Do you use qt4-based version? If yes, please try an updated release
0.10.1, this bug is fixed.

Regards,

-- Nikolay Pultsin