When a win32 version?

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Alvaro M

未读,
2006年10月27日 16:47:372006/10/27
收件人 fbre...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm using GNU/Linux but I would like to share some eBooks with Windows users. I would appreciate if someone can ask me this quetsion:

Is predicted a date for a Win32 version? When?

Lots of thanks in advance :-)

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com

MishaS

未读,
2006年10月28日 06:06:022006/10/28
收件人 FBReader
Hi Alvaro

On Oct 27, 11:47 pm, Alvaro M <copyesf...@yahoo.es> wrote:
> I'm using GNU/Linux but I would like to share some eBooks with Windows users. I would appreciate if someone can ask me this quetsion:
>
> Is predicted a date for a Win32 version? When?

As far as I know there are no short-term plans for producing a Win32
version of FBReader.

You might want to check other programs that are available for Windows
only. Like CoolReader -- http://coolreader.org/e-index.htm

Regards,

--
Misha

Alvaro M

未读,
2006年10月28日 11:13:052006/10/28
收件人 FBReader
Hello,

Thanks you Misha, but it seems it is not under the gpl :( and would be great can make some modifications ;-)

Regards and thank you,
Álvaro.

rsperberg

未读,
2006年10月28日 11:49:512006/10/28
收件人 FBReader
Alvaro -- Could you compile it and see what you get?

Roger

copyesfera

未读,
2006年10月30日 13:19:472006/10/30
收件人 fbre...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Well, actually I don't have now Windows installed. I have no idea about
C/C++, but I believe it might be (relatively) easy to port it as long as
the GTK environment has been already ported to Windows platforms.

I think It wold be great a Windows version of a plucker reader that can
be adapted because plucker works in mobile devices (Windows Mobile,
Palm, all FBReader suported devices,...) and wold be a great alternative
to MS Reader (I don't like LIT format). This is my suggestion for a
"todo list", if you consider it opportune ;-)

Thanks you Roger for your answer.

Regards,
Álvaro.

rsperberg va escriure:

> Alvaro -- Could you compile it and see what you get?
>
> Roger

Victor Wagner

未读,
2006年10月30日 15:48:482006/10/30
收件人 fbre...@googlegroups.com
On 2006.10.30 at 19:19:47 +0100, copyesfera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Well, actually I don't have now Windows installed. I have no idea about
> C/C++, but I believe it might be (relatively) easy to port it as long as
> the GTK environment has been already ported to Windows platforms.

I'd rather start with porting Qt version. It is free for free programs,
and it seems to be significantly more stable on Windows platform.

AlanW

未读,
2006年12月7日 01:38:562006/12/7
收件人 FBReader
FBReader does have a unique set of capabilities, for example there is
no serious Plucker reader available for Windows. I finally tried a
work-around that I have suggested in other forums - run Linux under
Windows XP using VMware Player. This isn't perfect (each appliance is
built with a fixed screen size, VMware is free but not open source,
etcetera) - but it is a viable alternative for those who don't want to
dual boot their machine. It takes a long time to download and install
the player from http://www.vmware.com/products/player/, but it is
painless otherwise. I looked at small Linux distros, but the one that
worked for me was a mid-sized one: Debian Testing etch beta 3 minimal
Gnome system with Synaptic from:
http://www.visoracle.com/download/debian/
just download, unzip (I did this in My Documents\My Virtual Machines),
run VMPlayer and point it to the etch ".vmx" file. As a minimal system
it needed more stuff from repositories than usual, but otherwise
FBReader installs and works fine. I can't get the mouse scroll wheel
to work, but it does not work in any application and I think this is
because VMware is emulating a very basic mouse. I have not tried
sharing files between Windows and VMPlayer, although visoracle
describes how to do this (another reason for using this particular
appliance), but a USB stick can be switched between VMware and Windows
with a mouse click and this is good enough for file transfers.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子