device not connected

ikey

Apr 20, 2011, 4:18:09 PM4/20/11
to Klink
i have a motorola cliq, and i am using laptop with windows 7. i tried
starting the app on my laptop and it keeps giving me an error message
sayin "device not connected" i change the internet setting making
klink a public network and also debugging is activated on my phone.
everything seems to be in order, so i dont know why its not
working...please help.

Thank you

J Vaughn

Apr 20, 2011, 4:19:56 PM4/20/11
to favese...@googlegroups.com

Make sure u have ur phone set a modem mode not mass storage

ikey

Apr 20, 2011, 4:23:34 PM4/20/11
to Klink
and how do i do that?
thanks

On Apr 20, 3:19 pm, J Vaughn <traumachase...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Make sure u have ur phone set a modem mode not mass storage

J Vaughn

Apr 20, 2011, 4:26:39 PM4/20/11
to favese...@googlegroups.com

When you plug up via usb you should see a usb symbol on top screen of your phone pull it down and click on it you should have a few options to select from ley me know what options you have. Also you did instal the correct drivers

ikey

Apr 20, 2011, 4:29:07 PM4/20/11
to Klink
its "says usb drive or charge only". and yes i installed the correct
drivers

On Apr 20, 3:26 pm, J Vaughn <traumachase...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you plug up via usb you should see a usb symbol on top screen of your
> phone pull it down and click on it you should have a few options to select
> from ley me know what options you have. Also you did instal the correct
> drivers

J Vaughn

Apr 20, 2011, 4:30:00 PM4/20/11
to favese...@googlegroups.com

Any body else have any idea s

ikey

Apr 20, 2011, 4:35:10 PM4/20/11
to Klink
ok i change the settings back to default setting and it detects the
device but now it cant connect to the internet. it shows its connected
but no internet access

On Apr 20, 3:30 pm, J Vaughn <traumachase...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any body else have any idea s

J Vaughn

Apr 20, 2011, 4:37:48 PM4/20/11
to favese...@googlegroups.com

Try overriding your user agent also change dns to google restart both programs and give it a few to connect to internet

Kevin Ko

Apr 20, 2011, 4:57:14 PM4/20/11
to favese...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again for all of the help, J.

ikey,

On some computer configurations with Windows Vista/7, the Bonjour service will lead to a No Internet Access problem.  You can check by doing the following:

- Open the services manager by clicking the Start button, then in the search box type "services.msc".  (Alternatively, run "services.msc" by holding the Windows Key while pressing "r").
- Look for an entry named similarly to Bonjour.  If you have it, could you right click on it, and choose "Properties".
- From the properties window, press the "Stop" button and change the "Startup type" to "Disabled".
- Then hit "OK" to save the changes and restart Klink.

It might be necessary to reboot Windows for these changes to take effect.

Based upon my reading last night and today, there is a known flaw with the Bonjour service that can lead to a "No Internet Access" error.  (It has to do with Bonjour setting a default network route for its own purposes and sometimes failing to let go of it when a proper Internet connection is configured.)  Bonjour is packaged along with iTunes, Adobe software, and some other programs and is used to help find computers on a local network.  For most people at home, it is safe to disable it in order to avoid these network conflicts.

More details on Bonjour and internet access conflicts with Vista/7:

If that doesn't work, or if you don't have Bonjour, could you try leaving the homegroup:
  • Access "Network and Sharing Center" by clicking on the network notification icon near the clock or by visiting "Network and Internet" in the "Control Panel".
  • Click on "Choose homegroup and sharing options".
  • Click on "Leave the homegroup..." NOTE: Windows will say that "There is currently no homegroup on the network..." if this is disabled.
Let me know if any of this helps.  I'm trying to isolate why this happens, as it only appears under certain computer configurations.  I'll give you a refund if this is too bothersome for you, or if we can't get anything working.

Kevin