Development of group permissions feature - Discussion

nathan.f77

Apr 26, 2011, 1:54:29 AM4/26/11
to Fat Free CRM Developers
We are planning to incorporate group permissions into the core of
FatFreeCRM.

We will use this google groups discussion to spec the feature, accept
input from FatFreeCRM users, and coordinate development. This
discussion is linked to the following 'lighthouseapp' ticket:
http://fatfreecrm.lighthouseapp.com/projects/26360/tickets/241-additional-permission-settings-group-permissions.

====================
Initial Specification
====================

[ Additional DB Tables ]

* teams
* team_users (join table)

[ Views ]

* extra "Share with Team" radio button in permissions partial
* "Teams" tab in Admin

[ Logic ]

* permissions => polymorphic
** permission_type => User / Team
* permissions control whether the objects are visible, but not
individual actions (or tabs),
so "Share with Team" is basically "share with each individual group
member"
* 'Admin' user => read & write access to every object.
* 'Manager' (?) user => read-only access to every object.
** reuse admin flag, say admin = -1 => readonly

[ Out of scope for this feature (tentative) ]

* 'actions' permissions (controlling what actions a user is allowed to
perform, e.g. create/update/view/destroy).

If you have any experience with Fat Free CRM, either as a user or a
developer, please feel free to contribute your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks,
Nathan B

ademola adesakin

May 3, 2011, 2:58:23 PM5/3/11
to fat-free...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My thoughts is that a permissions grid table should be incorporated for admin to select roles associated with user/team/group for a particular feature/model or action. For instance,  a user could be given right to view but not edit an account but be able to edit but not delete an opportunity. A grid table (there is a similar one in Sugarcrm) or similar method should be incorporated.

One more feature really needed is an advance search/filter. Search filters should include

- filter by account
- filter by assigned user
- filter by date range

or it should just generally include a stronger feature. May be a powerful search like ThinkingSphinx can be incorporated.

These are dire features that must exist. It is too much of a pain going through a list of opportunities created by everyone. At least, I should be able to filter based on the Account Manager and a custom date range.

I may join in development, if need be, but I seriously don't know the internals of fatfreecrm that much.

Regards,
Ademola Osindero

Jul 19, 2011, 2:43:48 AM7/19/11
to fat-free...@googlegroups.com
Mar 29, 2012, 6:36:35 AM3/29/12
to fat-free...@googlegroups.com, natha...@gmail.com
Hi,

I was wondering whats the status of this change?

Regards

Mark