Friendly URLS in 5.1

loxley

May 25, 2009, 1:06:55 PM5/25/09
to farcry-dev
I'm just exploring the new implementation of FU's in 5.1.

I'm using Helicon ISAPI Rewrite (3) in an htaccess file. This worked
just fine in 5.0.

In 5.1 when i look at overview for a specific page and at the "Current
friendly URLs", I see the message "You do not currently have Friendly
URLs available. Ask your administrator to add the required webserver
rewrite."

I've tried using Option C in Jeff's Friendly URL guide, but I still
get the same message. I tried application update, no luck. Needless to
say, I don't see FU's in the sites URLs, just the object id's.

Any ideas?

Jeff Coughlin

May 25, 2009, 1:11:32 PM5/25/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
You need Option B, not C.

If after using option B and you've updated app and it's still not
working, check out the troubleshooting setion at the bottom of the
Friendly URLs wiki page http://docs.farcrycms.org/display/FCDEV50/Friendly+URLs

Regards,

--
Jeff Coughlin
Web Application Developer

loxley

May 25, 2009, 2:38:51 PM5/25/09
to farcry-dev
Hi Jeff,

Okay, I tried that, but still no change. I tried the PingFU check and
saw no response at all - the page just refreshes as normal, leaving me
on the same page.

Robin

On May 25, 10:11 am, Jeff Coughlin <j...@jeffcoughlin.com> wrote:
> You need Option B, not C.
>
> If after using option B and you've updated app and it's still not
> working, check out the troubleshooting setion at the bottom of the
> Friendly URLs wiki pagehttp://docs.farcrycms.org/display/FCDEV50/Friendly+URLs
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeff Coughlin
> Web Application Developerhttp://jeffcoughlin.com

Jeff Coughlin

May 25, 2009, 3:39:01 PM5/25/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Make sure that when you're saving your config settings that you're
saving it to "IIS Web Sites" on the left and not directly under your
website.

Then make sure to wrap it in a <VirtualHost> tag and separate your
domains by spaces (using the example in option B). If you're using
the lite (free) version of ISAPI_Rewrite 3, then the <VirtualHost> tag
is not supported - only one website/domain is supported (as explained
in the docs for Option B).

Regards,

--
Jeff Coughlin
Web Application Developer

On May 25, 2009, at 2:38 PM, loxley wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Okay, I tried that, but still no change. I tried the PingFU check and
> saw no response at all - the page just refreshes as normal, leaving me
> on the same page.
>
> Robin

loxley

May 25, 2009, 4:10:46 PM5/25/09
to farcry-dev
I had a funny feeling you were going to say that. I am on a shared
host and can't get to the "IIS Websites". Am I screwed or am I
screwed?

On May 25, 12:39 pm, Jeff Coughlin <j...@jeffcoughlin.com> wrote:
> Make sure that when you're saving your config settings that you're
> saving it to "IIS Web Sites" on the left and not directly under your
> website.
>
> Then make sure to wrap it in a <VirtualHost> tag and separate your
> domains by spaces (using the example in option B).  If you're using
> the lite (free) version of ISAPI_Rewrite 3, then the <VirtualHost> tag
> is not supported - only one website/domain is supported (as explained
> in the docs for Option B).
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeff Coughlin

Jeff Coughlin

May 25, 2009, 4:15:11 PM5/25/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Well, you probably can get it to work in the Helicon config tool by
not going to "IIS Web Sites" and setting up the config directly on
your website itself, but I couldn't get it to work myself. I found
that I could get it to work the other way and that was enough for
me :). I'd suggest looking into whatever support Helicon offers and
go from there. It's possible you just need to setup one last thing
(not sure what). Let us know if you get it working (and how so that
others may benefit).

Good luck,

--
Jeff Coughlin
Web Application Developer

On May 25, 2009, at 4:10 PM, loxley wrote:

> I had a funny feeling you were going to say that. I am on a shared
> host and can't get to the "IIS Websites". Am I screwed or am I
> screwed?

loxley

May 27, 2009, 3:38:33 PM5/27/09
to farcry-dev
Jeff, good news. I finally have it working. All credit goes to my
hosting company though, Hostek, who have spent a couple of days
working with me on this and many other issues getting Farcry to work
well in a shared environment.

My htaccess file now looks like this:

# Helicon ISAPI_Rewrite configuration file
#Version 3.1.0.42
##### APACHE MOD_REWRITE SYNTAX
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(^/farcry|^/webtop|^/flex2gateway|^/
flashservices|^/cfide)($|/)
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9\/\-\%:\[\]\{\}\|\;\<\>\?\,\*\!\@\#\$\ \(\)
\^_`~]*)$ /index.cfm?furl=/$1 [L,PT,QSA]

Note the addition of the "/" in "furl=/$1".

Seems to have done the trick.

Robin

On May 25, 1:15 pm, Jeff Coughlin <j...@jeffcoughlin.com> wrote:
> Well, you probably can get it to work in the Helicon config tool by
> not going to "IIS Web Sites" and setting up the config directly on
> your website itself, but I couldn't get it to work myself.  I found
> that I could get it to work the other way and that was enough for
> me :).  I'd suggest looking into whatever support Helicon offers and
> go from there.  It's possible you just need to setup one last thing
> (not sure what).  Let us know if you get it working (and how so that
> others may benefit).
>
> Good luck,
>
> --
> Jeff Coughlin

Tomek Kott

May 27, 2009, 3:42:22 PM5/27/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
you know, I actually had to do the same with "furl=/$1" (with the "/") on my upgrade install on linux/apache/oracle, so maybe it's an error in the generalized furl setup?

Blair McKenzie

May 27, 2009, 7:36:15 PM5/27/09
to farcr...@googlegroups.com
Could you add some notes to the wiki page about this? It may help others that run up against the same problem.

Blair

Marco van den Oever

Jun 6, 2009, 2:56:40 AM6/6/09
to farcry-dev
Anyone got pointers on how to setup the isapi rewrite config for fu's
with railo???
I see a "PING FU SUCCESS" but in admin the statement that it isn't
setup yet.

If i check the config that you need in iis, it includes the cfide
mapping, so what sould i place there?

Thanks.

Marco van den Oever

Jun 6, 2009, 3:01:14 AM6/6/09
to farcry-dev
Got it working, only had to replace the cfide mapping with "/railo-
context".
Using isapi-rewrite / railo / win2003 32.