Important: FarCry Code Base directory changes

mod...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2007, 5:00:20 AM2/13/07
to farcry-beta
Folks,

We are taking the opportunity while FarCry 4 is still in beta to
reshuffle the directory structure of the code base. This will affect
existing project code bases deployed using earlier builds. This post
is a heads up to those following the beta to date. I'll follow this
up with a more detailed post on required actions to keep up to date.

The changes that will impact your code are:

farcry_core --> core
We're tyring to remove the repetitive nature of farcry.farcry_core
calls. This brings the naming into line with our current practices.

farcry_lib --> plugins
In a bid to avoid confusion between the various things termed
"library" in 4.0, and to better reflect the nature of these code
modules, we're now calling FarCry code libraries "plugins".

fourq --> ./core/packages/fourq
FourQ is no longer a standalone framework and really only makes sense
in the context of FarCry Core. This moves has been flagged since v.2
of FarCry but we've never had the courage to move it -- in for a penny
in for a pound this time round. Hopefully this will further simplify
deployments.

Once we're finished, we'll post the required find/replaces you'll need
to get your project going again. Hopefully this will cause a minimum
of disruption.

Those updating from subversion will need to switch their working copy
to a new branch -- again we'll give specific instructions for this
once we're complete.

Apologies to those trying to write install guides -- these will need
to be updated.

This work should be completed by Wednesday this week, and constitutes
the last significant change to the code base -- beyond bug fixing.
Current aim for the 4.0 milestone release is Feb 28.

Best regards,

-- geoff
http://www.daemon.com.au/