Consistently Displaying Arrows

klew

May 22, 2009, 9:26:06 PM5/22/09
to fancybox
Hey folks.

The software is great but I am wondering how to automatically have the
arrows to the next photo display all the time. Not just on hover.

Please fill me in.

Thanks!

Kris

JFK

May 25, 2009, 9:38:21 PM5/25/09
to fancybox
after you have loaded your fancybox style sheet
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jquery.fancybox.css"
media="screen">

below add the following lines into your <head> section:
span#fancy_left_ico {left: 20px;}
span#fancy_right_ico {right: 20px;}

it will make visible the arrows.
if you want something more elaborated then you would need to edit the
css file (of course, you have to be sure what you would be doing)

carzie

Jun 8, 2009, 10:33:46 AM6/8/09
to fancybox
JFK... I had the same question as Kris... I tried your suggestion but
it did not work... any other ideas???

Thanks,
Carzie

JFK

Jun 8, 2009, 11:57:56 AM6/8/09
to fancybox
I did this workaround for fancybox 1.2.1 (latest version)
if you didn't modify the jquery.fancybox.css file then it should work
you should include the css style AFTER you have loaded your fancybox
css file in order to override those css selectors

if you have a link where I can see your code I could help you better

carzie

Jun 8, 2009, 1:10:41 PM6/8/09
to fancybox
Thanks for your reply JFK...

Here is a link to the site:

www.boulderbuilders.net/boulders.html

thanks, Carzie

JFK

Jun 8, 2009, 1:42:46 PM6/8/09
to fancybox
Carzie

As I mentioned, this workaround is for the latest version of fancybox
(1.2.1)
while inspecting your code, I realized that you are using
fancybox-1.0.0
the included css files of each version are different

I'm afraid I can't help you since I don't see the point of supporting
and old version
newer versions normally overcome some known issues but I understand
many people don't like to upgrade because the may have to re-write
their code .... but now it's up to you

cheers

carzie

Jun 8, 2009, 2:26:55 PM6/8/09
to fancybox
Thanks for your help JFK.... I didn't realize I had an old version. I
will download the current one... thanks again for taking time to
help...

carzie

Jun 9, 2009, 10:55:19 AM6/9/09
to fancybox
After installing the latest version and JFK's advise worked great...
thanks JFK.