inserting mpg and mov

Tony Alfrey

Mar 8, 2010, 12:07:41 PM3/8/10
to fanc...@googlegroups.com
Hello;

On another thread, I had questions about sizing mpgs in fancybox
windows. It was posited by JFK that type : swf was necessary instead of
iframe.

Anyone in the group have a page they can point me to using fancybox and
mpgs or mov videos?

Thanks

--
Tony Alfrey
tonya...@earthlink.net

JFK

Mar 8, 2010, 4:28:39 PM3/8/10
to fancybox
my apologies
you were right but I was away and didn't have the chance to reply

.mov files can be played by swf players when they are encoded as h.264
(normal quicktime format is h.263)
in this case you give same treatment as a swf file so type has to be
set to swf

if that is not the case, then you have to use iframe mode but you have
to set width and height accordingly (quicktime's movie inspector will
tell your video dimensions)

so what I would do is create a mymov.html file with this line of code
<embed style="margin:0; padding: 0;" type="video/quicktime"
src="mymov.mov" width="320" height="240" autoplay="true"
controller="false" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/
download/" border="0"/>

then my script:
$(".mymov").fancybox({
'width': 338, //or whatever
'height': 258,
'scrolling':'no',
'padding': 0, //optional
'type': 'iframe'
});

my html
<a class="mymov" href="mymov.html" >open video in iframe</a>

you can follow the same format for mpeg-e videos but with the right
embedding, however some swf players like jwplayer can play mpeg-4
videos so in this case your fancybox type is swf .... just be sure you
include the proper flashvars in the href attribute as well as in the
'swf': { } option

On Mar 8, 9:07 am, Tony Alfrey <tonyalf...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hello;
>
> On another thread, I had questions about sizing mpgs in fancybox
> windows.  It was posited by JFK that type : swf was necessary instead of
> iframe.
>
> Anyone in the group have a page they can point me to using fancybox and
> mpgs or mov videos?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Tony Alfrey

> tonyalf...@earthlink.net

Tony Alfrey

Mar 8, 2010, 6:28:55 PM3/8/10
to fanc...@googlegroups.com
JFK wrote:
> my apologies
> you were right but I was away and didn't have the chance to reply

No problemo.

Excellent stuff! I'll try these things. Thanks!