Flash disappears when using fancybox

vk

Apr 29, 2009, 10:35:14 AM4/29/09
to fancybox
Hi all,

I have a swf on my page using swfobject 2.1. When i click on a link
and a fancybox appears, the flash disappears for some reason. Once i
close the fancybox window, the flash reappears again. I'm not sure why
this is doing this...
Does my swf have to have wmode=transparent?

Hope someone can help me :) Thanks.

Janis

Apr 29, 2009, 10:39:28 AM4/29/09
to fancybox
FB hides some objects to fix IE6 issue when they are showing obove
overlay.

Janis

vk

Apr 29, 2009, 10:54:07 AM4/29/09
to fancybox
Thanks Janis...

So is there any solution to this?

JFK

Apr 29, 2009, 1:17:49 PM4/29/09
to fancybox
I think the best way to implement flash (swfobject.js and a swf
player) in a fancybox is through AJAX mode. Your may use inline mode
but I found out is that it doesn't work properly on IE6 so AJAX mode
fits best for most browsers including IE

for an implementation example check:
http://jquery.diaz-cornen.com/fancybox/index_flash.html

vk

Apr 29, 2009, 2:51:39 PM4/29/09
to fancybox
Hey JFK,

The flash is not within a fancybox... What is happening is that my
fancy box is on top of the flash but the flash disappears and re-
appears when the fancybox is closed.

Hope this explains it better. I can provide a sample later on tonight

JFK

Apr 29, 2009, 4:43:40 PM4/29/09
to fancybox
I see what you mean.
I guess your only workaround is set 'overlayShow' to false
this will solve the issue with IE

maybe, if you add conditional comments you can have a script with
'overlayShow':false just for IE visitors (no sure, I'll try)

JFK

Apr 29, 2009, 4:54:46 PM4/29/09
to fancybox
so it works!
IE visitors won't see the overlay and flash won't disappear; other
browsers will see fancybox with overlay over the flash content

example:
<script type="text/javascript">
// for all browsers
$(document).ready(function() {
$("a#pic1").fancybox();
$("a.pic2").fancybox({
'hideOnContentClick': false,
'zoomOpacity': true,
'zoomSpeedIn': 500,
'zoomSpeedOut': 500
});
});
</script>

<!--[if IE]>
<script type="text/javascript">
// for IE only
$(document).ready(function() {
$("a#pic1").fancybox({'overlayShow': false});
$("a.pic2").fancybox({'overlayShow': false});
});
</script>
<![endif]-->