Confidence ellipse in MFA

Jun Niimi

Oct 30, 2020, 10:58:38 AM10/30/20
to FactoMineR users
Hello,

I am wanting to plot using the confidence ellipse around products using the function published by the paper:

Dehlholm, Christian, Per B. Brockhoff, and Wender LP Bredie. "Confidence ellipses: A variation based on parametric bootstrapping applicable on Multiple Factor Analysis results for rapid graphical evaluation." Food Quality and Preference 26.2 (2012): 278-280.

that was specifically designed to be paired with FactoMineR. Basically it bootstraps the products using the simule function that is also within FactomineR and draws a confidence ellipse around the resampled products. I've tried doing this with the example wine data from FactoMineR, but it keeps giving me an error message:

Error in simule(PartielDim, nb.simul = 500) : data[,1] is not a factor

Help would be very much appreciated on how to overcome this. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Jun