ConnectJSdemo fails

Fran_K

Apr 10, 2009, 11:40:45 AM4/10/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
I created a new app on Facebook. I took the ConnectJSdemo code and
changed the API key to mine. Then I set the app canvas page to point
at ConnectJSdemo.html on my server. Then I opened http://apps.facebook.com/mynewapp/
and it went through the login, etc. but displayed an 'empty page' with
no SWF file between the DIV tags where it should appear.

Has anyone gotten this example to work on their own server as an
iFrame app?

--fran

Fran_K

Apr 13, 2009, 2:11:15 PM4/13/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
I got my backend server gy to look at this and he fixed it. When I
asked him what he had to do to fix it he said, " wrong path ot
swfobject.js, wrong connectURL, missed xd_receiver.html file."

And now it works fine.

--fran

On Apr 10, 11:40 am, Fran_K <f...@gradientlabs.com> wrote:
> I created a new app on Facebook. I took the ConnectJSdemo code and
> changed the API key to mine. Then I set the app canvas page to point
> at ConnectJSdemo.html on my server. Then I openedhttp://apps.facebook.com/mynewapp/

Fran_K

Apr 13, 2009, 5:14:12 PM4/13/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
Well, did I say it works fine? When I try to get the uid of the person
logging in I get zero from facebook.uid and from jssession.uid. How do
I get the uid of the user logging in?

--fran

Fran_K

Panico

Apr 13, 2009, 5:22:36 PM4/13/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
Hello Fran_K
Sorry for my newbie question but... can you send to me by email the
"working" example?
I mean the one that you backend guy fixed, including the file
"xd_receiver.htm" etc etc
Plase send to paolo DOT nicoletti AT gmail DOT com
Thanks in advance

Fran_K

Apr 13, 2009, 5:32:11 PM4/13/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
Sorry Panico, I don't have permission to send this code out, it is not
mine, it is being written under contract. However, if you read the
above quote it should get you on the right path. I believe that the
code is all open or free, it is simply a question of getting it into
the right place. I'll ask the backend guy if can give me a more
detailed description of what he did so that other people can get it
working also.

--fran

Panico

Apr 13, 2009, 5:41:25 PM4/13/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
Okay, I understand.
Thanks a lot

Fran_K

Apr 13, 2009, 5:47:13 PM4/13/09
to facebook-actionscript-api
Here is a reference to xd_receiver.html:

http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=23009

we changed this in the html file:

var params = {wmode: "opaque"};

And our js subdir contains:

http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/

And of course we had to tweek the app page in the facebook developer
app.

--fran

Panico

Apr 13, 2009, 5:58:06 PM4/13/09