announcement of new introductory hegel book for students

aakash singh

Oct 3, 2008, 4:57:11 AM10/3/08
to PHIL...@liverpool.ac.uk
Dear Colleagues,
οΏ½
I would like to announce the publication of a new introductory volume on G.W.F. Hegel, Reading Hegel: The Introductions (melbourne: re-press, 2008).
οΏ½
Bringing together for the first time all ofοΏ½HegelοΏ½s major Introductions in one place, the book ambitiously attempts to present readers with HegelοΏ½s systematic thought through his Introductions alone.οΏ½While each of HegelοΏ½s Introductions can stand alone, capturing a facet of his overarching idea of truth,οΏ½compiledοΏ½together, theyοΏ½lay out the intricate tapestry of HegelοΏ½s thought, woven with a dialectic that progresses from one book to another, one philosophical moment to another.
οΏ½
I do not think of the Philos list as an advertising platform. But what I did think it fit to inform the community about was a certain unique aspect of this publication, about which I am rather proud: the not-for-profit publisher, re-press (a pioneerοΏ½ofοΏ½continental philosophy in the anglophone world)οΏ½is providing the entire bookοΏ½as OPEN ACCESS, which is to say that itοΏ½can be downloaded by anyone free of chargeοΏ½in pdf version. Obviously, it can also be purchased as a traditional printed book (in soft cover).
οΏ½
For more details on the publisher and the book, click:οΏ½οΏ½ http://www.re-press.org/
Best,
Aakash
οΏ½
Dr Aakash Singh, LL.M.
Research Professor
Centre for Ethics and Global Politics
LUISS University, Rome
http://www.luiss.it/ricerca/centri/ethics/index.html
οΏ½
Of:οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½ +39.06.85225568
Mob: +39.3663946735
Fax:οΏ½ +39.06.85225304
οΏ½
MobοΏ½(Islamabad):οΏ½+92 (0) 3435255078
MobοΏ½(New Delhi):οΏ½+91 (0) 9891470808

Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html.
Prolonged discussions should be moved to chora: enrol via
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html.
Other philosophical resources on the Web can be found at http://www.liv.ac.uk/pal.