Sixth Annual Joint Meeting on Environmental Philosophy - June 2009

Emily Brady

Dec 31, 2008, 6:21:39 AM12/31/08
to PHIL...@liverpool.ac.uk
1st Announcement: Call for Papers, Commentators, Panel Proposals and
Session Chairs For the Sixth Annual Joint Meeting on Environmental
Philosophy June 16-19th 2009

Sixth Annual Joint Meeting on Environmental Philosophy June 16-19, 2009
Sponsored by:
International Society for Environmental Ethics
International Association for Environmental Philosophy
University of North Texas

The sixth annual meeting bringing together the environmental philosophy
community will take place from June 16th-19th 2009 at the Highlands Center,
on the border of Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado. The Highlands
Center is a recently constructed (2002) retreat center which includes rooms,
meeting space, and a cafeteria. Longs Peak (elev. 14,000) hovers above the
conference center and is within hiking distance.

Conference Sessions
Sessions will take a variety of formats. This call is for proposals of the
following kinds:
1. General session papers: Abstracts to be submitted by February 15th. Full
papers need to be available to be placed online by May 15th. Paper proposals
are welcomed from all philosophical traditions, and in environmental
philosophy broadly conceived (not just environmental ethics).
2. Themed Sessions: Suggestions for themed sessions are encouraged,
including poster sessions or sessions emphasizing socially engaged
philosophic activities.
3. Commentators: We particularly welcome offers to give 15 minutes of
comments on general, themed or plenary session papers. Commentators are
asked to summarize key points of the papers on which they are commenting, as
well as offering critical/constructive thoughts on them. We will try to
match commentators with papers in their field of interest, so please
indicate what these are when offering to comment.
4. Session chairs

Alongside these sessions there will be one plenary session with a paper
given by a leading figure in the field.

Offers of assistance with organizing group walks and suggestions relating to
other aspects of the conference would also be very welcome.

Abstracts
Please submit abstracts (not full papers!) of up to 1 page in length by
February 15th 2009. Acceptances will be announced by March 15th 2009. Full
papers must be ready for distribution on the web by May 15 2009. Send
abstracts, proposals, or expressions of your willingness to comment or chair
via email to:

Clare Palmer
Dept of Philosophy, CB1073
Washington University in St Louis,
One Brookings Drive, St Louis, MO 63130
cpa...@artsci.wustl.edu

Robert Frodeman
Dept of Philosophy and Religion Studies
University of North Texas
225 EESAT, Box 310920 Denton, TX 76203
frod...@unt.edu

Housing: We have reserved 24 rooms, each of which comfortably house between
2 and 4 guests. Rooms are available at the Highlands Center ranging from
$110 (single or double) for the first night, then $70 for subsequent nights;
for 4 the rates are $140 first night/$100 for subsequent nights (see
http://www.highlandscamp.org/retreat_center.htm for further information). In
addition, camping facilities and other housing options are available nearby.
There will be free time in the course of the conference to enable hiking
and conversation. Our hope is to attract a broad cross-section of the
environmental philosophy community, including graduate students.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html.
Prolonged discussions should be moved to chora: enrol via
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html.
Other philosophical resources on the Web can be found at http://www.liv.ac.uk/pal.

Desidério Murcho

Dec 31, 2008, 8:32:05 AM12/31/08
to PHIL...@liverpool.ac.uk
Disputatio: International Journal of Philosophy

ISSN 0873-626X | http://disputatio.com/

Call for papers

Disputatio is an international journal of philosophy based in Portugal
(University of Lisbon) and published both on print and the Internet twice a
year. Our response time is now under three months.

We accept papers on any area of analytic philosophy, broadly construed,
written in either English or Portuguese.

We practice double blind refereeing, and follow the “Guidelines for the
Handling of Manuscripts by the Editors of Philosophy Journals” of the APA.
Manuscripts with no more than 7,000 words should be prepared for anonymous
refereeing and sent to desi...@ifac.ufop.br.

Disputatio is presently classified in category B of the ERIH ranking of the
European Science Foundation.

More information online: http://www.disputatio.com/

Latest papers, all available online:

· Naïve Realism and the Problem of Causation (Michael Sollberger)

· Dubbings-in-Trouble (Dimitris A. Galanakis)

· Can Minimalism Account for the Value of Truth? (Edward Moad)

· Relevant Alternatives Contextualism and Ordinary Contingent
Knowledge (Franck Lihoreau)

· Context-Sensitivity and (Indicative) Conditionals (Pedro Santos)

· Image-Based De Re Thought (Xiaoqiang Han)

· Logical Machines: Peirce on Psychologism (Majid Amini)