Erkenntnis Experience

1 view

Hanoch Ben-Yami

Oct 24, 2010, 12:19:02 PM10/24/10
to PHIL...@liverpool.ac.uk

Members of the list might be interested to learn of my recent
experience with Erkenntnis.

I submitted a paper to the journal on 22 Feb 2010, through the
journal’s online manuscript submission site, http://erke.edmgr.com/.
According to the site, my paper has been under review since 5 March
2010.
On August 2nd, that is, more than five months after submission, since I
haven’t heard from the journal, I wrote through the same site a mail to
the handling editor, Berit Brogaard according to the information there,
enquiring when a decision is to be expected. I haven’t received any
reply, so I wrote again on August 26th to the same address and
addressee, with the same enquiry and with the same lack of any
response.
I therefore tried their "contact us" tab, which led to Nandhini
Kesavan, Nandhini...@springer.com, and on September 27th I wrote to
her. I described what has happened, and what hasn’t, and said that I do
not know whether she is the right person to whom to write of this but
expressing my hope that she could forward my complaint to the relevant
person. In the month but three days since then I haven’t heard from Ms
Kesavan, or from any other person from Erkenntins or Springer.
That's where things stand at the moment, just over eight months since
my manuscript was submitted.

So all those who appreciate such efficiency and attentiveness to
authors are highly encouraged to submit to Erkenntnis.

Hanoch Ben-Yami
Philosophy Department

Central European University
Budapest
http://web.ceu.hu/phil/benyami/index.htm

Messages to the list are archived at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/philos-l.html.
Prolonged discussions should be moved to chora: enrol via
http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/chora.html.
Other philosophical resources on the Web can be found at http://www.liv.ac.uk/pal.