TerraTec MIDI HUBBLE USB quirk

Sebastian Reichelt

Dec 27, 2005, 6:20:39 PM12/27/05
to linux-...@vger.kernel.org
Hello!

The TerraTec MIDI HUBBLE USB device provides two MIDI IN and OUT ports,
but it seems to lack the correct interface class value (see attached
output of lsusb -v). I thought this could be fixed by adding the
following to sound/usb/usbquirks.h:

{
USB_DEVICE_VENDOR_SPEC(0x0ccd, 0x0032),
.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const snd_usb_audio_quirk_t) {
.vendor_name = "TerraTec Producer",
.product_name = "MIDI HUBBLE",
.ifnum = 0,
.type = QUIRK_MIDI_STANDARD_INTERFACE
}
},

But the USB subsystem still doesn't know it can use the snd_usb_audio
driver for this device (e.g. shown by usbmodules), and it is not
registered as an ALSA card. Is there anything I have to do in addition
to this, or did I do something wrong? The files modules.alias and
modules.usbmap got updated correctly, but I don't know who reads them
at what time.

The strangest thing is that it worked on one day, even though I had not
done anything special yet.

I hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance.

BTW: I thought about posting this in the linux-sound mailing list, but
it seems to be dead. Posts are almost never answered, including a post
I made about a solution to another sound problem
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-sound&m=113261865703607&w=2).
(Since then, a few people who have the same problem have contacted me;
all of them would like the fix to be integrated into the kernel.)

--
Sebastian Reichelt

hubble.txt