[Haskell-cafe] Embedding the GHC API

Joel Reymont

Oct 31, 2007, 4:44:47 AM10/31/07
to Haskell Café
Has anyone tried to embed GHC as a library recently?

What is the size of the resulting binary?

I'm assuming a bare minimum of needed libraries.

Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com

pepe

Oct 31, 2007, 5:15:16 AM10/31/07
to Joel Reymont, Haskell Café
Austin Seipp has written about this in his blog:

http://austin.youareinferior.net/?q=node/29

"I will take this time to point out that using the GHC API in your
applications results in *large* executables. The Interact example
above when compiled with vanilla --make options resulted in a whopping
17mb executable. I've observed however you can mitigate this by an
enormous amount using the tools strip and gzexe, taking it down to a
light 2.5mb (a size reduction of about 85%)"

Cheers
pepe

Don Stewart

Oct 31, 2007, 2:05:27 PM10/31/07
to pepe, Haskell Café
I often use this in my cabal ghc-options:

ghc-options: -funbox-strict-fields -O2 -fasm -Wall -optl-Wl,-s

the last runs ld's strip automatically.

mnislaih:

Lihn, Steve

Nov 1, 2007, 7:23:19 PM11/1/07
to Haskell Café
I am looking for a Haskell module that will do multivariate linear regression. Does someone know which module will do it? That is, the equivalent of Perl's Statistics::Regression.pm.

http://search.cpan.org/~itub/PerlMol-0.35_00.ppm/lib/Statistics/Regression.pm

Thanks,
Steve

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.