[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Leksah 0.1 - Haskell IDE written in Haskell

Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken

Feb 13, 2008, 2:46:57 AM2/13/08
to haskel...@haskell.org
I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE for
Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical tool
to support the Haskell development process.

This is an unfinished pre-release with bugs and open ends.
However, I decided to make a first announcement, hoping
that Leksah may already be interesting and useful.

Leksah uses GTK+ as GUI Toolkit with the gtk2hs binding. It is
platform independent and should run on any platform where GTK+, gtk2hs
and GHC can be installed. I have tested it on Windows and Linux.
It only supports GHC.

Features:
* jumping to code every and anywhere
* integration of cabal build
* source candy
* keymaps
* configurable window
* ...

Some rudimentary documentation can be found in the doc/ subdirectory.

Author and availability:

Leksah is written by me and published under a GPL-2 license.
Leksah can be optained via Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/
Darcs development repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah

Juergen

Justin Bailey

Feb 13, 2008, 12:53:27 PM2/13/08
to Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken, haskel...@haskell.org
That looks really cool and I'd like to try it out. Can you provide
links to these packages?

gtk >=0.9.12,
glib >=0.9.12,
sourceview >=0.9.12,
binary >=0.4.1

I just don't have time to track them down myself ...

Justin

Antoine Latter

Feb 13, 2008, 1:32:40 PM2/13/08
to Justin Bailey, Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken, haskel...@haskell.org
The package `binary' should be on hackage.haskell.org.

The others can be found in gtk2hs, I think: http://www.haskell.org/gtk2hs/

Antoine

Austin Seipp

Feb 14, 2008, 12:11:59 AM2/14/08
to haskell-cafe@haskell.org Cafe
> gtk >=0.9.12,
> glib >=0.9.12,
> sourceview >=0.9.12,

These are all apart of gtk2hs:

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/

For my build on Linux I had to pass a --enable-sourceview option to
/configure so that the sourceview package was picked up and built,
but I figure it's probably picked up automatically if installed.
On windows, I have no idea if the installer carries these things with it.

> binary >=0.4.1

Binary can be found on hackage:

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/binary

--
"It was in the days of the rains that their prayers went up,
not from the fingering of knotted prayer cords or the spinning

Alistair Bayley

Feb 14, 2008, 6:15:32 AM2/14/08
to Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken, haskel...@haskell.org
> Leksah is written by me and published under a GPL-2 license.
> Leksah can be optained via Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/
> Darcs development repository: http://code.haskell.org/leksah

I just downloaded this from hackage and went through the usual Cabal
ritual. The build fails with

[16 of 41] Compiling IDE.Utils.File ( src/IDE/Utils/File.hs,
dist\build\leksah\leksah-tmp/IDE/Utils/File.o )

src/IDE/Utils/File.hs:161:33:
Couldn't match expected type `Either String String'
against inferred type `String'
In the expression:
if takeExtension fp == ".lhs" then unlit fp str else str
In the definition of `str'':
str' = if takeExtension fp == ".lhs" then unlit fp str else str
In the expression:
if exists then
do str <- readFile fp
let str' = ...
let parseRes = ...
else
return Nothing

Would I be better off getting straight from the darcs repo?

Alistair

Brent Yorgey

Feb 14, 2008, 10:45:26 AM2/14/08
to Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken, haskel...@haskell.org
On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken <j...@arcor.de>
wrote:

> I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE for
> Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical tool
> to support the Haskell development process.

Is there a development listserv for leksah? And what about a bug tracker?

-Brent

Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken

Feb 14, 2008, 1:24:58 PM2/14/08
to Brent Yorgey, haskel...@haskell.org
Currently their is no mailing list and no bug tracker. Until yesterday
it was a "one person - I do it inbetween" project.

If others like to contribute, which would be great, I think about
writing a short "one page" developers intro.

Jürgen

Don Stewart

Feb 14, 2008, 8:07:04 PM2/14/08
to Brent Yorgey, Jürgen Nicklisch-Franken, haskel...@haskell.org
byorgey:

> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Juergen Nicklisch-Franken
> <[1]j...@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> I'm pleased to announce the first release of Leksah, an IDE for
> Haskell written in Haskell. Leksah is intended as a practical tool
> to support the Haskell development process.
>
> Is there a development listserv for leksah? And what about a bug tracker?

Should be pretty cheap to create a bug tracker on google's bug tracker
site, as xmonad does. then link to it from the wiki page.