Carl Barks Street (Almere)

H.W....@telecom.tno.nl

Feb 3, 2006, 4:17:06 AM2/3/06
to dc...@stp.lingfil.uu.se
On a recent map of the Dutch town Almere, I saw a street named after
Carl Barks.
The street is in a newly built area. Streets are named after comic
characters and comic creators.
The Dutch comicologist Kees Kousemaker (www.lambiek.net) helped the
Almere people with the street names.
One of the other streets is named after Carol Voges.

I'm not sure the street is already really existing. Maybe it's only on
the map and has to be built later.
When I have the chance, I'll have a look in Almere and make some photos.

BTW, is there anywhere else in the world a street named after Barks?
(Apart from the street sign "Nash & Barks" that used to be in Walt
Disney World.)

--Harry.
"Wie ben ik? Wat doe ik hier? Waar is mijn Roddelflop?"

Olaf Solstrand

Feb 3, 2006, 4:49:55 AM2/3/06
to H.W....@telecom.tno.nl, dc...@stp.lingfil.uu.se
<H.W....@telecom.tno.nl> skreiv Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:12:22 +0100

> BTW, is there anywhere else in the world a street named after Barks?
> (Apart from the street sign "Nash & Barks" that used to be in Walt
> Disney World.)

There is a «Carl Barks' Veg» in Norway. Although, it's less of a stre
et
and more of a road stub from the main road and up to donaldist Erik
Hørthe's home, but it *is* an official road name.

And of course there's the Barks/Gottfredson cross in Duckburg, Calisota.

H.W....@telecom.tno.nl

Feb 3, 2006, 7:13:55 AM2/3/06
to dc...@stp.lingfil.uu.se
I wrote:

> On a recent map of the Dutch town Almere, I saw a street named after
> Carl Barks.

Here's a picture from Mapquest.com:

http://bolderbast.inducks.org/pics/almere.jpg

Streets are named after Carl Barks, Marten Toonder, Carol Voges, Henk
Albers, and other creators. Plus lots of popular comic characters.
Barks seems to be the only non-Dutch person in the neighbourhood.
(Though I think some Belgian creators are mentioned, more to the west.)

--Harry.

M Schartau

Feb 4, 2006, 2:51:58 PM2/4/06
to dc...@stp.lingfil.uu.se
Well

There is the Carl Barks väg in Spånga (Stockholm, Sweden) but this st
reet is
not named after "our" Carl Barks but a swede Carl Bark.

/Michael