[Caml-list] OCaml version 3.10.2 released

Damien Doligez

Feb 29, 2008, 7:38:31 AM2/29/08
to caml users
Hello world,

It is our pleasure to announce the release of OCaml version 3.10.2.
This is mainly a bug-fix release, see the list of changes below.

It will be available here shortly:
< http://caml.inria.fr/download.en.html >

If you're in a real hurry, you can get the source now from
< ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/caml-light/ocaml-3.10/ >

Happy hacking,

-- Damien Doligez for the OCaml team.

Objective Caml 3.10.2:
----------------------

Bug fixes:
- PR#1217 (partial) Typo in ocamldep man page
- PR#3952 (partial) ocamlopt: allocation problems on ARM
- PR#4339 (continued) ocamlopt: problems on HPPA
- PR#4455 str.mli not installed under Windows
- PR#4473 crash when accessing float array with polymorphic method
- PR#4480 runtime would not compile without gcc extensions
- PR#4481 wrong typing of exceptions with object arguments
- PR#4490 typo in error message
- Random crash on 32-bit when major_heap_increment >= 2^22
- Big performance bug in Weak hashtables
- Small bugs in the make-package-macosx script
- Bug in typing of polymorphic variants (reported on caml-list)

Stefano Zacchiroli

Mar 3, 2008, 5:16:50 AM3/3/08
to caml users
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 01:38:12PM +0100, Damien Doligez wrote:
> It is our pleasure to announce the release of OCaml version 3.10.2.
> This is mainly a bug-fix release, see the list of changes below.

I know generally this is not the case, but out of curiosity: is it
possibly that by chance this release did *not* break the binary
compatibility with objects compiled by OCaml 3.10.1?

Cheers.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org} -<%>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/
(15:56:48) Zack: e la demo dema ? /\ All one has to do is hit the
(15:57:15) Bac: no, la demo scema \/ right keys at the right time

Damien Doligez

Mar 3, 2008, 9:05:40 AM3/3/08
to caml users

On 2008-03-03, at 11:15, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I know generally this is not the case, but out of curiosity: is it
> possibly that by chance this release did *not* break the binary
> compatibility with objects compiled by OCaml 3.10.1?

I think it is compatible, but I cannot guarantee it.

-- Damien