RE: [Caml-list] Freeze in 64-bit Windows Num module

1 view

David Allsopp

Dec 17, 2008, 3:47:53 AM12/17/08
to Reed Wilson, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
I’m seeing the same thing...

David

From: caml-lis...@yquem.inria.fr [mailto:caml-lis...@yquem.inria.fr] On Behalf Of Reed Wilson
Sent: 17 December 2008 06:53
To: caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] Freeze in 64-bit Windows Num module

Hi guys,

I have an issue with using the Num module in my Win64 OCaml compile. Whenever I try to operate on numbers that are too large it will lock up. For example, using:

string_of_num (num_of_int max_int */ num_of_int max_int)

causes the program to lock up with 100% CPU usage. This occurs in both native and bytecode programs, and it has happened with both my 3.10.2 and 3.11.0 compiles. The 32-bit Windows MSVS binaries on the OCaml website work, as do my 64-bit Linux and OS-X builds of 3.11.0.

Before I submit this as a bug, can anyone who also has a 64-bit OCaml compile in Windows verify this?

Thanks,

Reed

Xavier Leroy

Dec 18, 2008, 9:53:59 AM12/18/08
to Reed Wilson, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
> I have an issue with using the Num module in my Win64 OCaml compile.
> Whenever I try to operate on numbers that are too large it will lock up.

I'll try to look into this, but it would help if you'd submit a
problem report through the bug tracking system.

- Xavier Leroy

Reed Wilson

Dec 18, 2008, 1:53:01 PM12/18/08
to Xavier Leroy, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Thanks Xavier. I just posted a bug after David replied
(#4676<http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=4676>).
I'd be willing to test out changes if necessary.

Thanks again,