[Caml-list] daml - a CUDA binding

Sashan Govender

Dec 11, 2008, 5:05:03 AM12/11/08
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Hi

I've uploaded some work on a CUDA binding to OCaml that I've been
doing in my spare time over here
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/daml/. Here's a brief summary of
what you can do with it at the moment:

- allocate memory on a gpu
- deallocate that resource
- copy and integer array from OCaml onto the gpu
- execute a kernel function to process the data on the gpu
- copy the result back into the OCaml array.

There are a few example programs in the repository as well.

Pretty basic but gotta start somewhere and my time for free software is limited.

Things to todo:
- Devise a strategy for minimizing copies from the host data structure
to the gpu.
- Expose more of the CUDA runtime API (this can for the most part be
done with camlidl)
- Expose the CUDA driver API.
- Write some more example progams.
- Tidy up the OMakefiles.