[Caml-list] efficient sparse matrix implementation anyone?

Jonathan Roewen

Jul 23, 2006, 12:13:58 AM7/23/06
to caml...@inria.fr
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has a sparse matrix library for ocaml, or
perhaps a wrapper around some C library.

Jonathan

Erick Tryzelaar

Jul 23, 2006, 2:37:19 AM7/23/06
to Jonathan Roewen, caml...@inria.fr
Jonathan Roewen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has a sparse matrix library for ocaml, or
> perhaps a wrapper around some C library.

lacaml might be suitable for you. You can find it here:
http://www.ocaml.info/home/ocaml_sources.html

Daniel Andor

Aug 8, 2006, 5:36:58 AM8/8/06
On 23/07/06, Jonathan Roewen <jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has a sparse matrix library for ocaml, or
> perhaps a wrapper around some C library.

I've used LACAML with band-diagonal sparse matrices, and it worked very
nicely.
There's also CamlFloat:
http://math.ucsb.edu/~lyons/camlFloat/
although I have never used it. Looks enticing...

D.