[Caml-list] Jane Street is hiring

yminsky

May 22, 2010, 7:25:31 AM5/22/10
to Caml List
I would like to announce that Jane Street, a proprietary trading
company with offices in New York, London and (soon) Hong Kong is
actively looking to hire talented functional programmers.

We're looking for people who have a deep interest in and understanding
of software and technology. We're not looking for experience with
financial markets --- that's something we believe we can teach people
on the job.

Jane Street is deeply committed to functional programming, having the
largest team of OCaml programmers in any industrial setting, and
probably the world's largest OCaml codebase. We use OCaml for running
our entire business, supporting everything from research to systems
administration to trading systems. If you're interested in seeing how
functional programming plays out in the real world, there's no better
place than here.

The atmosphere is informal and intellectual. There is a focus on
education, and people get a chance to learn both about software and
about trading. The work is challenging, and you get to see the
practical impact of your efforts in quick and dramatic terms. Jane
Street is also a small enough place that people have the freedom to
get involved in many different areas of the business. Compensation is
highly competitive, with a great deal of room for growth.

If you'd like to learn more, here are some links. You can get an
overview of the firm from our website:

http://janestreet.com

There's a talk I gave at CMU a while back that gives a good overview
of what Jane Street does and why we use OCaml:

http://ocaml.janestreet.com/?q=node/61

We also have an OCaml blog:

http://ocaml.janestreet.com

There are also a couple of papers we've written about our experiences
here using functional languages.

http://www.janestreet.com/technology/articles.php

If you're interested, send me a resume and cover letter.

Phil Tomson

May 23, 2010, 3:10:24 PM5/23/10

For those who are unable to move (for various reasons)... does your
company allow remote working by telecommuting?