[Caml-list] question about caml_get_public_method

Michael Wohlwend

Aug 21, 2006, 3:18:58 AM8/21/06
to caml...@inria.fr
if I want to connect a c++ method to a method of an ocaml class, I can choose between:
a) in the initializer of the ocaml class use register_value to register a method (like self#some_method) and then calling an external function which caches the registered value and calls that method

or

b) calling an external function with the ocaml object as argument and then use caml_get_public_method, cache the method-id of the callback methods and use those to make the callback.

Is this just a matter of taste which one to use?

cheers
Michael