[Caml-list] Re: ocaml cross-compiler

Richard Jones

Mar 28, 2009, 6:26:15 PM3/28/09
to Joel Reymont, fedora...@lists.fedoraproject.org, caml...@inria.fr
On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 07:45:49PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
> Is there a ready-made Fedora package for the OCaml cross-compiler?

Note that we _only_ support Fedora Rawhide (the development version of
OCaml) and future Fedora 11 and above. To find out about Rawhide, see:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide

If you have F-10, I believe that you can upgrade it to Rawhide simply
by editing a file in /etc/yum.repos.d. But ask about that on the main
Fedora mailing lists since I'm not sure.

Anyway, to install the cross-compiler, create a new file
/etc/yum.repos.d/mingw.repo which contains:

[mingw]
name=Fedora Windows cross-compiler, libraries and tools
baseurl=http://homes.merjis.com/~rich/mingw/fedora-10/x86_64/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Note that you will need to adjust the baseurl to match your version of
Fedora and architecture.

Then do:

# yum install mingw32-ocaml

Actually there are several packages you can install. Poke around
http://homes.merjis.com/~rich/mingw/ to see which ones.

> I would like to cross-compile a GTK+ app but can't find instructions.

To cross-compile an OCaml program I strongly suggest that you start
off with the example package that I created / used for the OCaml Users
Conference talk last month:

http://www.annexia.org/tmp/ocaml-mingw-gtk/

Please join the mailing list and ask questions there so we can share
the knowledge:

Any OCaml + lablgtk2 program should be straightforward to
cross-compile for Windows. Mostly difficulties will arise only if the
program uses some weird libraries.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

Richard Jones

Mar 28, 2009, 6:34:05 PM3/28/09
to Joel Reymont, fedora...@lists.fedoraproject.org, caml...@inria.fr
[Too late at night to be posting ..]

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 10:25:42PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Note that we _only_ support Fedora Rawhide (the development version of
> OCaml)

^Fedora
> baseurl=http://homes.merjis.com/~rich/mingw/fedora-10/x86_64/

That baseurl should be:

baseurl=http://homes.merjis.com/~rich/mingw/fedora-rawhide/x86_64/

Replace x86_64 with i386 as appropriate. If you have another
architecture then you will have to rebuild the compiler from the
source RPMs.

> # yum install mingw32-ocaml

Even better is:

# yum install mingw32-ocaml\*