[Caml-list] OCaml on Android

Keigo IMAI

Sep 7, 2009, 6:35:19 AM9/7/09
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr, Keigo Imai
Hi list,

I built an O'Caml cross-compiler for Google Android!

The porting step is available at
http://sites.google.com/site/keigoattic/ocaml-on-android

The example shows that Unison is invoked from android's shell.
(Since Android app works on java VM, we cannot build Android application
diretly with O'Caml yet. But anyway, it works!)

The patch itself is not so big, and nothing special (removing
reference to
unsupported functions, modify 'ar' to '$(AR)', and so on), so I
encourage you
to extend it for your use, such as adapting it to O'Jacare or OCaml-
Java.

Acknowledgements:
ARM-EABI with software floating-point support[1] saved much time.
Many thanks to Xavier!

[1] http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=3746

Cheers,
- Keigo IMAI