Re: [Caml-list] sqlite3 bindings

Ted Kremenek

Jul 14, 2006, 10:08:30 PM7/14/06
to Mike Lin, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Hi Mike,

i think there are more than one available SQLite bindings for OCaml,
including some that are just for versions of SQLite before the API
was changed in version 3 and others engineered directly for SQLite3.

I am using Bárður Árantsson's bindings that are available at:

http://www.imada.sdu.dk/~bardur/personal/45-programs/

These particular OCaml bindings in many ways directly mirror the
SQLite3 C API; they are not a DBI-like interfaces, but work well if
you are familiar with SQLite3.

I have modified the bindings slightly for my own needs by adding a
few methods and fixing a few bugs (any fixes of which I plan to
eventually contribute back to Bárður), but it works very well with

the latest version of SQLite3. I am using it just fine with version
3.3.6 of SQLite. I have successfully used it to create database
files of several gigabytes (populated with marshaled OCaml objects
using Sqlite3's blob type).

Ted

On Jul 14, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Mike Lin wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know how (if) the available ocaml sqlite bindings
> work with recent versions of sqlite (namely 3.x.x)?

Toby Allsopp

Jul 19, 2006, 5:40:29 AM7/19/06
to caml...@inria.fr
"Mike Lin" <mik...@mit.edu> writes:

> Hi, does anyone know how (if) the available ocaml sqlite bindings work with
> recent versions of sqlite (namely 3.x.x)?

http://metamatix.org/~ocaml/ocaml_sqlite3.html

I've used this and it works fine, although there is a minor bug that
causes seg faults in certain situations that I can't currently
recall. I have a patch that I will send next week from work.

Toby.

Toby Allsopp

Jul 20, 2006, 5:11:37 AM7/20/06
to caml...@inria.fr, Mike Lin
Toby Allsopp writes:

> Mike Lin writes:
>
>> Hi, does anyone know how (if) the available ocaml sqlite bindings work with
>> recent versions of sqlite (namely 3.x.x)?
>
> http://metamatix.org/~ocaml/ocaml_sqlite3.html
>
> I've used this and it works fine, although there is a minor bug that
> causes seg faults in certain situations that I can't currently
> recall. I have a patch that I will send next week from work.

Here's the patch that I've been using to great effect.

Toby.

ocaml-sqlite3.patch