[Caml-list] ANN: CamlPDF 0.5

John Whitington

Mar 15, 2010, 8:57:40 AM3/15/10
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Hi.

I'm pleased to announce the CamlPDF 0.5 release, which includes a couple
of new modules (Pdfdate for date manipulation, Pdfannot for annotations
and Pdfmarks for bookmarks). Almost every other module has been improved
in some way.

Download: http://www.coherentpdf.com/ocaml-libraries.html

More importantly, I've finally found time to write a short introduction
to CamlPDF, which lets you try some basic work within the OCaml top level:

http://www.coherentpdf.com/introduction_to_camlpdf.pdf

There have been some API modifications which are not backward
compatible, but the changes to your source are easy to make. This should
be the last release with such changes.

There is now a CamlPDF mailing list:

http://www.freelists.org/list/camlpdf

--

John Whitington
Director, Coherent Graphics Ltd

Daniel Bünzli

Mar 16, 2010, 3:39:27 PM3/16/10
to John Whitington, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
> More importantly, I've finally found time to write a short introduction to
> CamlPDF, which lets you try some basic work within the OCaml top level:
>
> http://www.coherentpdf.com/introduction_to_camlpdf.pdf

For those that are interested, a nice companion document to this are
the 2005 slides on this page [1]. A concise explanation of how pdf
documents are structured (which is easier than one may think). Don't
forget to read the annotations otherwise it will feel dry.

Best,

Daniel

[1] http://home.comcast.net/~jk05/presentations/PDFTutorials.html