[Caml-list] [ANN] OCaml Meeting 2010 in Paris, 2nd call

Sylvain Le Gall

Feb 15, 2010, 6:42:29 AM2/15/10
to caml...@inria.fr, ocaml_b...@yahoogroups.com
This is a copy and paste version of:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=532

For the third time, I am proud to invite all OCaml enthusiasts to join
us at OCaml Meeting 2010 in Paris.

This year event takes place in Paris on Friday 16th April 2010.
Subscription is opened and will be closed on Friday 2nd April 2010.

Presentations include:

* Enforcing Type-Safe Linking using Inter-Package Relationships for
* OCaml Debian packages
* The Ocamlviz visualization toolkit
* Cluster computing in Ocaml
* Ocaml in a web startup
* React, functional reactive programming for OCaml
* OASIS, a Cabal like system for OCaml
* OPA, same web, but with types and lambda

As last year, participants are invited to give a talk on what they are
doing with OCaml. You can submit a description of your talk on the wiki
or contact me.

The meeting is sponsored by INRIA, the Caml Consortium and OCamlCore.
Inscription is free but the number of participants is limited.

Further information and inscriptions:
http://wiki.cocan.org/events/europe/ocamlmeetingparis2010

The day after OCaml Meeting, Mehdi Dogguy from PPS helps me to organize
an informal day where OCaml teams can meet to work. We will have 2
classrooms, each can host 45 persons. There will be an internet access
and a blackboard in each room. Inscription is free.

Further information and inscriptions:
http://wiki.cocan.org/events/europe/ocamlhackingday2010

Volunteers willing to help before/during these events can contact me
directly. We are particularly looking for a video team. You can also
forward this invitation to any groups that can be interested in (Haskell
user group, CUFP mailing list...)

For people who need further information, you can contact me (see
wiki.cocan.org for contact details).

Hope to see a lot of you
Regards
Sylvain Le Gall on behalf of the OCaml Meeting organization team.

John Whitington

Feb 15, 2010, 1:29:45 PM2/15/10
to caml...@inria.fr
Hi Folks,

Get the demo here:

http://www.coherentpdf.com/proview.html

The back-end is all code shared with the open-source CamlPDF and our
other commercial products. We wrote a C interface, and then compiled it
up with objective C for the interface.

There will be a new release of CamlPDF in a few weeks, with some new
functionality and a new introductory manual, making it easier for people
to get into its somewhat complicated API.

Thanks to the list for your continuing answers to my questions.

Cheers,

--
John Whitington
Director, Coherent Graphics Ltd

Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Feb 17, 2010, 11:21:31 PM2/17/10
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
> John Whitington <jo...@coherentgraphics.co.uk> :

> There will be a new release of CamlPDF in a few weeks, with some new
> functionality and a new introductory manual, making it easier for
> people to get into its somewhat complicated API.

Thank you very much!

+261 34 29 155 34 / +261 33 11 207 36