[Caml-list] Re: can ocamldep order .cmo files?

Jean-Baptiste Rouquier

Aug 30, 2006, 2:17:50 PM8/30/06
to nathan.mi...@gmail.com, caml...@inria.fr
For a tiny script (sed+tsort) that does only this, you might want to have a look at
http://jb.rouquier.free.fr/programmation/ocamldep2moduleList.zip

On 8/12/06, Nathan Mishra Linger <please don't quote email addresses> wrote:
> I'm a new OCaml user and quite a fan so far (most of my functional
> programming experience has been in Haskell up to this point).
>
> I know that .cmo arguments to ocamlc must be in order of dependency.
> I also know that ocamldep can detect such dependencies and spit them
> out in a format that makefiles can include.
>
> But can ocamldep spit out the dependency ordering of a list of .cmo
> files in such a way that these can be input to ocamlc? If not, it
> seems like it would be a useful thing for ocamldep to be able to do
> this. Or do people have other solutions to this problem.
>
> Nathan

Henry Bigelow

Aug 30, 2006, 3:48:04 PM8/30/06
also, look at ocamldsort from

http://dimitri.mutu.net/ocaml.html

this link is from another post. i just downloaded it today though, and
it works fine

henry