[Caml-list] Ocamlbuild-plus-0.99

Till Varoquaux

Nov 13, 2009, 12:51:36 AM11/13/09
to Caml-list List
Build systems are not fun and most of us would rather be dancing with
high order type than fidgeting with them. Ocamlbuild is nice but it
doesn't allow you to define re-usable components and lugging code
around between projects feels a bit... wrong.

I am pleased to announce ocamlbuild-plus:

Ocamlbuild-plus is an extension of ocamlbuild that enables to use
findlib packages in its build plugins. Ocamlbuild is an ocaml specific
build system that is bundled with the ocaml compiler. Ocamlbuild is
can be extended via plugins to add functionalities. In ocamlbuild
these plugin's code are written within a single file with project.

The imported Findlib packages can also be linked against ocamlbuildlib
extending ocamlbuild exactly as the main plugin would. Thus enabling
to have shared reusable plugins.

Grab it while its hot:
https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/ocamlbuildplus/

Till

Matthieu Dubuget

Nov 13, 2009, 3:17:07 AM11/13/09
to Till Varoquaux, Caml-list List
Thanks a lot for this!

I will jump on it, and try to avoid being burn.

Matt