[Caml-list] lablgl/lablgtk opengl and text/fonts

Yoann Padioleau

Jul 24, 2010, 4:09:00 AM7/24/10
to caml users, Jacques Garrigue
Hi,

Is there a way to draw text on GlGtk.area ? with a specific font ?
I've seen mentions of FTGL but there is no binding for it in lablgl apparently :(

Philippe Veber

Jul 24, 2010, 9:32:47 AM7/24/10
to Yoann Padioleau, Jacques Garrigue, caml users
Hi Yoann

I use the part of glMLite dedicated to FTGL

http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/ocaml/GL/
http://www.linux-nantes.org/~fmonnier/OCaml/GL/doc/Ftgl.html

The binding is close to the library (and thus inherits some of its defects)
but has been working very well up to now.

hth,
ph.

Florent Monnier

Jul 24, 2010, 11:58:13 AM7/24/10
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Le samedi 24 juillet 2010 10:08:10, Yoann Padioleau a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to draw text on GlGtk.area ? with a specific font ?
> I've seen mentions of FTGL but there is no binding for it in lablgl
> apparently :(

the FTGL bindings are provided in the glMLite tarball in order to ease
distribution, but it is really agnostic from any opengl bindings,
it even has its own Makefile (Makefile.ftgl) and you can check that if you build
it nothing else will be build, and you can install it alone,
so you can right use it with LablGL.