[Caml-list] [ANNOUNCE] llpp v3

malc

Aug 24, 2010, 11:42:41 PM8/24/10
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Hello,

New version of llpp is available at [1] new features include:

* Outline (aka Table of contents) mode
(including quick search and narrowing)
* Bookmarks
* Link highlighting
* Windows and Mac OS X "support"
* Some important bugs were fixed upstream in MuPDF[2]
* Added helper script which tries to fetch MuPDF, lbig2dec, openjpeg
and LablGL build them locally and then build llpp against that

llpp has so far been built and ran on:

Linux (ppc32,ppc64,x86_64,i386)
Windows XP (i386)
Windows Vista (amd64)
Mac OS X (Tiger on ppc32, (some) Leopard x86_64)

Building on Windows is not pleasant but definitely doable.

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git
[2] http://mupdf.com/

--
mailto:av1...@comtv.ru

David MENTRE

Aug 25, 2010, 8:32:02 AM8/25/10
to malc, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Hello,

2010/8/25 malc <av1...@comtv.ru>:

> New version of llpp is available at [1] new features include:

What is llpp?

Yours,
david

Florent Monnier

Aug 25, 2010, 3:31:22 PM8/25/10
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Le mercredi 25 août 2010 14:31:24, David MENTRE a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> 2010/8/25 malc <av1...@comtv.ru>:
> > New version of llpp is available at [1] new features include:
> What is llpp?

I did not know too, so I've followed the links searching for a README

it seems that llpp is a console frontend for mupdf,
mupdf being a backend written in C to read pdf,
so llpp seems to display pdf in a way similar to less.

I have not found any screenshot, I don't know what images become.

--
Regards
Florent

malc

Aug 25, 2010, 3:38:57 PM8/25/10
to Florent Monnier, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Florent Monnier wrote:

> Le mercredi 25 ao?t 2010 14:31:24, David MENTRE a ?crit :

> > Hello,
> >
> > 2010/8/25 malc <av1...@comtv.ru>:
> > > New version of llpp is available at [1] new features include:
> > What is llpp?
>
> I did not know too, so I've followed the links searching for a README
>
> it seems that llpp is a console frontend for mupdf,

Not quite, it's a graphical frontend.

> mupdf being a backend written in C to read pdf,
> so llpp seems to display pdf in a way similar to less.
>
> I have not found any screenshot, I don't know what images become.

--
mailto:av1...@comtv.ru

Florent Monnier

Aug 26, 2010, 4:11:32 PM8/26/10
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
Le mercredi 25 août 2010 05:42:27, malc a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> New version of llpp is available at [1] new features include:
>
> * Outline (aka Table of contents) mode
> (including quick search and narrowing)
> * Bookmarks
> * Link highlighting
> * Windows and Mac OS X "support"
> * Some important bugs were fixed upstream in MuPDF[2]
> * Added helper script which tries to fetch MuPDF, lbig2dec, openjpeg
> and LablGL build them locally and then build llpp against that
>
> llpp has so far been built and ran on:
>
> Linux (ppc32,ppc64,x86_64,i386)
> Windows XP (i386)
> Windows Vista (amd64)
> Mac OS X (Tiger on ppc32, (some) Leopard x86_64)
>
> Building on Windows is not pleasant but definitely doable.
>
> [1] http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git
> [2] http://mupdf.com/

it doesn't seem to work:

/llpp doc.pdf
GLUT: Fatal Error in llpp: visual with necessary capabilities not found.

--
Regards
Florent

malc

Aug 26, 2010, 5:25:47 PM8/26/10
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Florent Monnier wrote:

> Le mercredi 25 ao?t 2010 05:42:27, malc a ?crit :

> > Hello,
> >
> > New version of llpp is available at [1] new features include:
> >
> > * Outline (aka Table of contents) mode
> > (including quick search and narrowing)
> > * Bookmarks
> > * Link highlighting
> > * Windows and Mac OS X "support"
> > * Some important bugs were fixed upstream in MuPDF[2]
> > * Added helper script which tries to fetch MuPDF, lbig2dec, openjpeg
> > and LablGL build them locally and then build llpp against that
> >
> > llpp has so far been built and ran on:
> >
> > Linux (ppc32,ppc64,x86_64,i386)
> > Windows XP (i386)
> > Windows Vista (amd64)
> > Mac OS X (Tiger on ppc32, (some) Leopard x86_64)
> >
> > Building on Windows is not pleasant but definitely doable.
> >
> > [1] http://repo.or.cz/w/llpp.git
> > [2] http://mupdf.com/
>
> it doesn't seem to work:
>

> ./llpp doc.pdf

> GLUT: Fatal Error in llpp: visual with necessary capabilities not found.

Does any of the lablgl examples work on that machine?

--
mailto:av1...@comtv.ru