[Caml-list] New OCaml book

Richard Jones

Feb 7, 2009, 6:52:50 AM2/7/09
to caml...@inria.fr
Some people at the users meeting were asking me about the new OCaml
book, so here are the details:

http://www.amazon.com/Objective-Caml-Programming-Language/dp/0981599206

I have *not* read the book, but I'm hoping that the publisher is going
to send me a review copy shortly, and once I've had a look through it
I will be able to say more about whether it's any good (hopefully!)

Conversely if you have read the book, please let us know if you liked it.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

Jon Harrop

Feb 8, 2009, 2:35:55 AM2/8/09
to caml...@yquem.inria.fr
On Saturday 07 February 2009 11:51:43 Richard Jones wrote:
> Some people at the users meeting were asking me about the new OCaml
> book, so here are the details:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Objective-Caml-Programming-Language/dp/0981599206
>
> I have *not* read the book, but I'm hoping that the publisher is going
> to send me a review copy shortly, and once I've had a look through it
> I will be able to say more about whether it's any good (hopefully!)
>
> Conversely if you have read the book, please let us know if you liked it.

What's with the complete lack of advertising?! The book wasn't even announced
on either of the caml lists...

How did you find out about it?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e

Richard Jones

Feb 8, 2009, 12:28:12 PM2/8/09
to Jon Harrop, caml...@yquem.inria.fr
On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 07:40:18AM +0000, Jon Harrop wrote:
> How did you find out about it?

I was emailed by the publisher. I don't know anything about the book
other than what is on the Amazon page above.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat