[Caml-list] 3.11?

Richard Jones

Aug 30, 2008, 5:33:07 PM8/30/08
to caml...@inria.fr

I asked about 3.11 and when it would be released, and the answer at
that time was in late August:

http://groups.google.com/group/fa.caml/tree/browse_frm/thread/15126f960406e056/531fda06c1da700e

Obviously August (2008?) is slipping away. Do we have any updates on
the status of 3.11?

The reason I ask is that the Fedora 10 beta deadline has slipped
because of the security intrusion two weeks ago, which means there is
a slim possibility of getting 3.11 into Fedora 10, if the release
happens real soon.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat

Xavier Leroy

Sep 2, 2008, 7:51:15 AM9/2/08
to Richard Jones, caml...@inria.fr
> I asked about 3.11 and when it would be released, and the answer at
> that time was in late August:

http://groups.google.com/group/fa.caml/tree/browse_frm/thread/15126f960406e056/531fda06c1da700e

> Obviously August (2008?) is slipping away. Do we have any updates on
> the status of 3.11?

We made good progress during the summer, but a bit of polish and code
review is needed before the release.

> The reason I ask is that the Fedora 10 beta deadline has slipped
> because of the security intrusion two weeks ago, which means there is
> a slim possibility of getting 3.11 into Fedora 10, if the release
> happens real soon.

I'm afraid 3.11 will not be ready in time for Fedora 10.

- Xavier Leroy